Replacing Cheap Vinyl Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
HomeSealed

Re: Replacing Cheap Vinyl Windows

#16 Post by HomeSealed »

s2israw wrote:
HomeSealed wrote:I think that the Sunrise is the class of the bunch (although my knowledge of Intus and Klearwall is limited--- I have heard good things however), but for a fixed unit, the Simonton and Plygem options would not be bad at all. You are spot on when you mentioned that the differences become far more pronounced when you get into operable units, particularly double hung.
With your limited knowledge of Intus, why would you pick Sunrise over them?
I phrased that poorly. To clarify, I pick Sunrise based on my knowledge of the products. Intus could very well be a great product-- maybe even better-- I just have not worked with it or even seen it in person.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Replacing Cheap Vinyl Windows

#17 Post by Window4U (IL) »

anthony wrote:Not having lived with t&t windows I wonder do they mostly get used in the tilt mode.
Then threr is the planning of the window treatments as they must clear the windows for operation.
Next would be the cost.
Not a fan.

theWindowNerd...
I have them in the bedrooms of my home and I absolutely love them. (the ones I have are french swings) I use them more in the fully open position than the tilted position. The fact is I really never use the tilted position.
As far as curtains, I have valances and roll up shades. Works well.