SCHUCO UPDATE

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: SCHUCO UPDATE

#31 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Force V has nothing to do with it. They only fulfill orders Schuco-USA decides to send them.
Schuco-USA are the ones making it very hard to get warranty items, not Force V.

buddy110

#32 Post by buddy110 »

Window4U (IL) wrote:Force V has nothing to do with it. They only fulfill orders Schuco-USA decides to send them.
Schuco-USA are the ones making it very hard to get warranty items, not Force V.

You're probably right. However once Schuco gives them the go ahead it still takes 4 weeks to get a part.

wild willy

#33 Post by wild willy »

I sent them several emails with photos of the defective glass- fogging, deposits between the triple-glazing. That stopped them from denying that they were indeed Schuco windows- and they have told me that they will replace the glass, not cover shipping or installation. Fair enough, I will be happy to pick that up- I am still waiting on them to give the the go-ahead- I probably could hand-deliver them to the factory in Connecticut; I live in New York, the Albany area- I am still waiting to even hear from them that they are willing to proceed, after being forced to prove to them that their product is indeed defective. Not exactly what I would call customer "service"- I guess I am not alone in being dismayed by the lack of responsiveness from the company-

buddy110

#34 Post by buddy110 »

wild willy wrote:I sent them several emails with photos of the defective glass- fogging, deposits between the triple-glazing. That stopped them from denying that they were indeed Schuco windows- and they have told me that they will replace the glass, not cover shipping or installation. Fair enough, I will be happy to pick that up- I am still waiting on them to give the the go-ahead- I probably could hand-deliver them to the factory in Connecticut; I live in New York, the Albany area- I am still waiting to even hear from them that they are willing to proceed, after being forced to prove to them that their product is indeed defective. Not exactly what I would call customer "service"- I guess I am not alone in being dismayed by the lack of responsiveness from the company-

Problem is the parts are manufactured in SC not CT.. :roll: :mrgreen:

DaBrode

#35 Post by DaBrode »

I was actually in the market for additional windows for my home when I stumbled on this forum/thread. I had purchased replacement windows for the first floor, and of course, went with Schuco installed by New England Sash. I'm just now seeing that my lifetime warranty, transferrable to the next resident as it was sold to me, may be utterly worthless.

I'll be reading more on this wherever I can find more info but if possible can someone break down exactly what was sold to who and whether the new company is carrying over the warranty? I'm hearing Schuco was bought by Force V but what does that mean for me as a consumer?

Thanks for any answers to my questions and a special thanks for speaking out and giving people like me a place to go for information.

Windowguy

#36 Post by Windowguy »

I'm hearing Schuco was bought by Force V but what does that mean for me as a consumer?
Lets get something straight, Schuco was not bought by Force V, in fact Schuco is very much alive and well. What Schuco did was divest itself of any involvement in the thousands of windows they sold. They did this despite the fact that from a financial standpoint they have more than enough resources to stand behind their product.

Their still right where they always were;

Schüco USA L.P.
240 Pane Road
Newington, CT 06111
Toll Free: 877 472 4826
Phone: 860 666 0505
Fax: 860 666 2359
Email: info@schuco-usa.com

DaBrode

#37 Post by DaBrode »

Windowguy wrote:
I'm hearing Schuco was bought by Force V but what does that mean for me as a consumer?
Lets get something straight, Schuco was not bought by Force V, in fact Schuco is very much alive and well. What Schuco did was divest itself of any involvement in the thousands of windows they sold. They did this despite the fact that from a financial standpoint they have more than enough resources to stand behind their product.

Schüco USA L.P.
240 Pane Road
Newington, CT 06111
I see. Well I can practically spit on them from my house and I may very well do so should they not back up their product but I recently got in touch with what's left of New England Sash, the company that sold and installed my schuco windows. Michael claims that he can help me with any warrantee issues though as mentioned I will need to pay shipping and installation costs. Sadly this is not what I paid for, however it's better than nothing I suppose.

graz

#38 Post by graz »

i live in jersey,i also am having issues with schuco usa. 8 yrs ago we had every window replaced with schuco,purchased from morris window and siding. we have paperwork that says 100% lifetime gaurantee.
after many emails and waiting and waiting,they said they cant replace my cracked window because the vendor that made window closed down.also i was doing all the contacting! they have horrible customer service!!! i put complaint in with the B.B.B. schuco came back with a settlement of $250.00 for cost of window,and $500.00 if i sign a letter stating i cant claim any future concerns. i spent 15,000.00 to find out i'm up the river 8 yrs later. and if i take the 750.00 i can no longer get future repairs on lifetime windows! 750.00 is crap!
i dont know what to do!?

buddy110

#39 Post by buddy110 »

graz wrote:i live in jersey,i also am having issues with schuco usa. 8 yrs ago we had every window replaced with schuco,purchased from morris window and siding. we have paperwork that says 100% lifetime gaurantee.
after many emails and waiting and waiting,they said they cant replace my cracked window because the vendor that made window closed down.also i was doing all the contacting! they have horrible customer service!!! i put complaint in with the B.B.B. schuco came back with a settlement of $250.00 for cost of window,and $500.00 if i sign a letter stating i cant claim any future concerns. i spent 15,000.00 to find out i'm up the river 8 yrs later. and if i take the 750.00 i can no longer get future repairs on lifetime windows! 750.00 is crap!
i dont know what to do!?

I would press on and sue them. You have absolutely nothing to lose

Window4U (IL)

#40 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Windowguy wrote:

Schüco USA L.P.
240 Pane Road
Newington, CT 06111
Amen. What gets me is they use Force V closing down as an excuse to not cover their lifetime warranty. The thing that irks me is most of the parts on these windows can be bought by Schuco from their old vendors to this day. Why can't they send customers 'Truth Hardware' for their customers broken casement hardware? Why can't they hire another company to supply glass packs? It goes on and on. There is no excuse for this and I wish someone would start a class action lawsuit.

guinness68

#41 Post by guinness68 »

I am trying to find the original lifetime warranty for some Schuco vinyl windows put in my mom's house in 2002 or 2004.. DS1000 series. After years of fighting, they finally agreed to come out to repair them, IF we pay for their labor. I do not want her to agree to this, and really want to see the warranty information before any commitments.. At almost a grand apiece for them, I don't feel we should have to pay a dime...

Windows on Washington

#42 Post by Windows on Washington »

What is wrong with the windows in question?

Window4U (IL)

#43 Post by Window4U (IL) »

guinness68 wrote:I am trying to find the original lifetime warranty for some Schuco vinyl windows put in my mom's house in 2002 or 2004.. DS1000 series. After years of fighting, they finally agreed to come out to repair them, IF we pay for their labor. I do not want her to agree to this, and really want to see the warranty information before any commitments.. At almost a grand apiece for them, I don't feel we should have to pay a dime...
Labor was never in the Schuco warranty. That was for the dealer to provide if they chose to do so.