Sunrise Product Platforms

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
bgbrock

Sunrise Product Platforms

#1 Post by bgbrock »

I personally like Sunrise products - recently had a 3-panel patio door replaced with a Sunrise product.

Looking to gather information for Sunrise window replacement for the future is somewhat of a challenge as Sunrise does not provide information on their different platforms on their home web page- they only provide information for their Essentials platform, and one has to go to another two websites to get information on the Vanguard and Restorations platforms, which can make it difficult to do side by side comparisons in terms of the attributes of each platform.

Not certain as to why Sunrise does not provide this platform information on one page for easier comparison :?:

Having done some research, and unless I missed something somwhere, it appears that the Vanguard is the middle of the road window for Sunrise. Is this window offered as a "Slimline" as offered in the Essentials platform?

What is the conceptual incremental pricing difference between the three platforms?

Thanks for your help.

Windows on Washington

Re: Sunrise Product Platforms

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Sunrise, Verde, Restoration, and Vanguard window are all based on the same extrusion with just different option packages to differentiate between the lines.

The Essentials is an entirely different line and not often recommended because it appears to be very flimsy and a considerable step down.

Stay with the core extrusion and you have a good product on your hands.

bgbrock

#3 Post by bgbrock »

[quote="Windows on Washington"]The Sunrise, Verde, Restoration, and Vanguard window are all based on the same extrusion with just different option packages to differentiate between the lines.

Eric - Thanks.

Is that to say that these three recommended platforms do not provide the same amount of glass area as the Essentials "Slimline"? What is the conceptual incremental cost between the three - Verde, Vanguard and Restoration?

Thanks again.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

bgbrock wrote:
Windows on Washington wrote:The Sunrise, Verde, Restoration, and Vanguard window are all based on the same extrusion with just different option packages to differentiate between the lines.

Eric - Thanks.

Is that to say that these three recommended platforms do not provide the same amount of glass area as the Essentials "Slimline"? What is the conceptual incremental cost between the three - Verde, Vanguard and Restoration?

Thanks again.
The reason for coming up with the Verde, Vanguard and Restoration was purely a sales decision. Many areas were uber-saturated with Sunrise dealers. So, they take the same window and put a new lock on it, add reinforcement, etc., etc., and change the names and you have now have 4 windows taking a percentage of market share instead of one. The dealers are happy and the factory is happy to be getting bigger market share.
The price is purely up to the dealer. Any of them could be cheapest or most expensive depending on who the dealer is and what they decide to charge.
Personally, I would take any of the series except for the Essentials. All Sunrise windows are considered slimline.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1 to what Window4U said.

The different label and brand names are merely to capture more market saturation without supposed overlap.

They will all give you the same amount of glass.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

The vanguard is a step up from the verde. Because the sunrise extrusion is very slim, i think its important to have reinforcement which both the vanguard and restorations have. That said, verde is still solid.

Delaware Mike

#7 Post by Delaware Mike »

I was given an Essentials DH sample when they first launched this series. I may have had the cover off it twice as it sits in the corner of my shop with like a hundred other misfit samples. I installed one project with them in a garage as a test subject. My order had some issues with the balances and manufacturing tolerances. I wrote off the Essentials due to the fact that there are better "budget" oriented windows out there.

I will look at my Essentials sample tomorrow when I get to my shop to compare frame thickness with my Vanguard sample and post back.

bgbrock

#8 Post by bgbrock »

Eric - Dave - Masterext - Thanks again for the replies and information, very much appreciated!

Mike - truly appreciate your offer, and time, to look at the sample that you have and report back your findings.

So, as long as I stay away from the Essentials platform, I will be happy with my Sunrise windows.

TheWindowNerd

#9 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Have you talked to the dealer that did your door.
What line models does he handle?

theWindowNerd...

bgbrock

#10 Post by bgbrock »

Anthony - Great question. This question is what actually spawned my question.

When I asked my dealer about the windows and which platform he carried, his response was Sunrise. My reply was Verde? Vanguard? Again, his reply was Sunrise.

Given the fact that I do have a somewhat personal relationship with the dealer, as well as the fact he is only blocks from where I reside, I didn't press the issue.

Seeing that Dave has actually pointed out the fact that Sunrise has branded the windows with other names to capture a lager market share, makes me think that if in fact it is, in my dealers words a Sunrise, the onus is on me to be sure that the window has the attributes of the Verde or the Vanguard.

Am I correct with my assessment?

Thanks.

Delaware Mike

#11 Post by Delaware Mike »

Each series from Sunrise has it's own designated brochure. I carry the Vanguard and the regular Sunrise line. For me, there is only about an $20 up charge to put a homeowner into the Vanguard over the regular Sunrise series. I let the homeowner decide if they feel like they would like to spend the extra money for the Vanguard. I do give out both brochures to the homeowner. When the windows come in from Sunrise, the corner edge of the glass is etched with the different series name on them to help the homeowner verify that they received what they paid for

You should be fine with the regular Sunrise series.

HomeSealed

#12 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. Just to add some clarification bg, there is a hierarchy to the lineup despite the fact that the windows have the same bones. DM can probably explain the exact differences in greater detail than I as I have not handled it as much recently, but from the top down you have the restorations, vanguard, verde, and then the base " sunrise". They have varying levels of added options, some of which are relevant like sash reinforcement ( improves dp rating, structural performance ) and other options are more style than substance.
I'll agree with the consensus opinion above that even the baseline sunrise unit is a good choice, although I personally like to see the sash reinforcement added in that product unless you have a bunch of very narrow openings.

bgbrock

#13 Post by bgbrock »

Guys - Thanks again for the information that you have provided.

Since these 9 windows (DH) are 31"W x 71"H I believe that it will in fact be important to have the reinforced sashes.

Windows on Washington

#14 Post by Windows on Washington »

At that size, I would opt for the reinforcement if it was a Sunrise profile.

TheWindowNerd

#15 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Is the reinforcement in just the horizontals?
31" is not an overly large span.