Vinyl install question

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
drbubba1995

Vinyl install question

#1 Post by drbubba1995 »

We are set to have our Sunrise restoration windows installed on Tuesday next. Here in Atlanta, it has been raining cats and dogs for several weeks and the last few days we have had all day downpours. Weather is expected to get better (less rain) over the next few days but by Tuesday and Wednesday there is still a better than 40% chance of rain.

Virtually all the window wood on my house is wet and I'm wondering if the install could be affected by wet sills and so on? Since wood expands when wet and shrinks when it dries, I'm wondering if I should postpone the install until we have several non rain days in a row to help with drying things up a bit? I'd hate to have a install problem that could be prevented. I may be just barking up a tree and not have any problems but I thought I's ask the pros first.

We are only having the sashes replaced not the entire window and frame. Although I've been told the sashes come enclosed in a rectangular frame that pops into the opening once the old sashes are removed.

Thanks for any help.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Vinyl install question

#2 Post by masterext »

I would not worry at all. We sometimes install while its raining, not an issue.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

That is for your installer to decide.
The install schedule may change due to all the rain.
Most importantly is that the caulk sticks, which depends on what they use. Ask them to explain what and why.

theWindowNerd...

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

You can still do an install in a light rain without issue.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

+2. Only real concern is keeping the surfaces that are being caulked dry, but that is typically manageable in light rain.

joemig

#6 Post by joemig »

Hi, any feedback on your window replacement? I'm also in the Atlanta area an looking at similar manufactures..