One window replacement in Houston

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
HHP

One window replacement in Houston

#1 Post by HHP »

Hello all,
Our garden window is collecting water in between the glass panels. I want to replace it with a single hung window, simple right? The problem is no one wants to give us an estimate for ONE window. It is so frustrating. I just saw this board and Randy's name. There is no website. Does he only install vinyl or do smaller job? I saw a few websites with lots of cons using vinyl.

Thanks for you help,
Frustrated mom

HomeSealed

Re: One window replacement in Houston

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Randy is a great guy to talk to about this. Can't speak for what his minimum job may be, but many companies will do a one or two window job, however it comes with a premium price as all of the set job costs are still there and not able to be spread out across a house full of windows (ie: travel, setup and tear-down, all of the ordering, processing, scheduling, and so on and so forth).
Vinyl works down there, but it has to be a well made product. Cheapo quality vinyl will eventually fail anywhere, but an extreme climate will definitely accelerate that break-down.