Schuco

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
cin-cin

Schuco

#1 Post by cin-cin »

I just want to recommend the Schuco triple-pane window. BUT, you have to really talk them down on the price. Unfortunately if you live in New England, you will have to deal with NE Sash, and they su***. They kept promising our windows would be put in on a certain date, and then not call. They were TWO months late with our windows. But when they finally came to put them in, it was great --- 23 windows in one day! We live in Hull (Mass) on the ocean, and the wind is terrible. During the winter we don't get snow, we get ice storms! These windows have been great -- no leaks, no noise. I have you warn you, though .. DON'T let them pressure you into a certain price. They will say, we'll give you a deal if you sign TODAY. We made the guy leave, and he called a few days later with a GOOD price. It's like buying a car -- you have to haggle. We got 23 triple-pane windows for just over 14K. I doubt we will have to buy windows again for a very long time.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I'm really stoked that you are happy with your job. They really are a nice window. I just want to comment though about the statement about having to talk down the price on Schuco.

I am just the opposite in the way I sell Schuco from what you are describing. I give a very good bid right off the bat, and I won't drop a penny off it unless we go to different options, a different product, or less windows, because my bid is already as low as I can go. I'm a contractor, not a car salesman, and my customers appreciate my no-nonsense way of doing business.
Each local contractor that sells Schuco is independant. We have no ties to each other except for the fact we sell the same brand window. With that in mind, remember that we are not all trained to sell the same way, and that we do not all sell the window for the same price.
Again, congratulations on your new windows.

HipKat

#3 Post by HipKat »

With Schuco, you'll never have to buy again

fool

23 windows = 23 windows

#4 Post by fool »

Schuco Corona window - the quote for 23 was $26,890 ($1169 for each)

New England Sash should be a little more consistent.