Jamb depth?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ikemen

Jamb depth?

#1 Post by ikemen »

Hi Newbie here...I Thank you for the help you all be giving me.. :D

I got 100 yr old 2 family house I decided it time to put in vinyl replacement windows..
I just doing one in the back at this time to make sure it is something I can do.. I had to change out a rotted sill (I'll call it the middle sill) I done that, and that turn out real well and so I order a new replacement window to install..(not here yet)

The question is...When I order the window I didn't think about the Jamb Depth.... :roll: I was looking at the new window Spec. Sheet and the Jamb depth is 2.625" and the existing window jamb is 3.25"... So am I going to have a problem when I install this window?? Also when I continue and do the other windows should I order the windows with 3.25" jamb depth instead?? Thanks

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Jamb depth?

#2 Post by masterext »

I dont know if you are using a higher end brand or a low end brand from home depot or lowes but most new replacement windows are 3 1/4.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

this post should be on the "do it yourself" section.

toddinmn

#4 Post by toddinmn »

A window with a 3.25" jamb depth will make the install much easier, using a higher quality window will make it even easier. Choose wisely.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

toddinmn wrote:A window with a 3.25" jamb depth will make the install much easier, using a higher quality window will make it even easier. Choose wisely.
...Morpheus....?

toddinmn

#6 Post by toddinmn »

I'm trying to free your mind, Ikeman. But I can only show you the door.You're the one who has to walk through it.