Schuco Prices (we got 23 windows)

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
cin-cin

Schuco Prices (we got 23 windows)

#1 Post by cin-cin »

I live South of Boston, and just had 23 Schuco triple-pane windows put in. At first we ordered the double-pane at a cheaper price, but they talked us into triple -- actually I don't think they EVEN sell double. Anyway, we talked them down to 14.5K for 23 windows, which seems pretty good. And the windows are excellent. We live directly on the ocean, and it's amazing what these windows have done .... no wind, no noise, no cold air. Go for these if you can talk them down!!! Unfortunately, NE Sash is the only company authorized to do the installation, and customer service is an oxymoron to them. You will have to keep calling them ... but honestly, I think it was worth it for the quality of window.

HipKat

#2 Post by HipKat »

We sell double.....

Glad you like them!!

schuco prices

#3 Post by Guest »

I know new england sash,they sold you triple and you may have double,for $650.00 a window when they sell triples for $850.00 plus.

cin-cin

to mjs

#4 Post by cin-cin »

How would WE be able to tell the difference between triple and double pane? Can you tell by looking at them???

FenEx

#5 Post by FenEx »

Cin

Hold a lighter up to the glass... if you see three reflections of the flame it's triple, if you see two... it's double.

bobby

How quiet are your new Schuco

#6 Post by bobby »

Cin-cin.

I am thinking of buying new Schuco casement w/ triple glazing and krypton gas. One of my main concerns is noise reduction. I read in your post that your new windows are quiet. Care to elaborate.

Bobby

HipKat

#7 Post by HipKat »

The third pane is one of the biggest reasons for improved noise reduction. I've sold, and seen installed, Schuco windows on busy streets, and have witnessed the noise reduction for myself. They work remarkabley well.

bobby

#8 Post by bobby »

Hip-Kat

Thanks for the reply

Bob

HipKat

#9 Post by HipKat »

My pleasure...

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: How quiet are your new Schuco

#10 Post by Window4U (IL) »

bobby wrote:Cin-cin.

I am thinking of buying new Schuco casement w/ triple glazing and krypton gas. One of my main concerns is noise reduction. I read in your post that your new windows are quiet. Care to elaborate.

Bobby
While triple will generally make it a little quieter, laminated insulated glass is the way to go if you really have a big time noise problem. Even using it only on the side where the noise is mainly coming from will help dramatically. Schuco, as well as companies like Gorell and Simonton have this glass as an option. It's main purpose is for hurricane protection, but is great for noise abatement too.

mikedd

Re: How quiet are your new Schuco

#11 Post by mikedd »

Sorry for hijacking this thread. But you can get laminated glass with Schuco windows?!? I did not know that was an option.
Window4U (IL) wrote:
bobby wrote:Cin-cin.

Bobby
While triple will generally make it a little quieter, laminated insulated glass is the way to go if you really have a big time noise problem. Even using it only on the side where the noise is mainly coming from will help dramatically. Schuco, as well as companies like Gorell and Simonton have this glass as an option. It's main purpose is for hurricane protection, but is great for noise abatement too.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#12 Post by Window4U (IL) »

You read correctly. It is an option.

RVEXLER

#13 Post by RVEXLER »

3/16" inch on the outboard pane is much better price performance wise then laminated glass. Milgard classic vinyl with 3/16" out, 1/8" inside gives an stc rating of 34. Laminated out with 1/8 annealed in (at almost double the price) only gives a 35-36 (barely noticable difference). Ask the mfg for their stc ratings across glass thicknesses! you can get a much better result that way.