Window World's Intercept Warm edge spacer vs. Super Spacer

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Hoakiebs

Window World's Intercept Warm edge spacer vs. Super Spacer

#1 Post by Hoakiebs »

Which one is better? Any feedback would help. TIA

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Window World's Intercept Warm edge spacer vs. Super Spacer

#2 Post by masterext »

Intercept is a very old technology and its a Tin Plated Spacer, NOT a true stainless steel.
Super spacer is much better.
Window world offer cheaply made windows. If you only care about cost then by all means choose them, if you want quality, keep searching.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

The Intercept spacer is not exclusive to window world (or anyone else for that matter) as it is the most widely used spacer system by far. Unfortunately the primary reason for this is because of its low cost. I'd recommend either the stainless steel upgrade, or the super spacer or Duralite spacer systems for superior thermal performance.

veritas

#4 Post by veritas »

Thermally, the all foam Super Spacer is superior. Structurally, it is not. In fact I would not use Super Spacer for that reason.

If you have a choice look into Cardinal's XL Edge spacer. Several major window companies use them. Accelerated testing shows theirs to resist failure much better than most of the major available spacers.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

I think that spacer systems are part of the larger picture.

All are proven to some extent and have their benefits and drawbacks.

If you want to evaluate spacer performance you will want to look at the total U-Factor as well as the CR numbers.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

veritas wrote:Thermally, the all foam Super Spacer is superior. Structurally, it is not. In fact I would not use Super Spacer for that reason.

If you have a choice look into Cardinal's XL Edge spacer. Several major window companies use them. Accelerated testing shows theirs to resist failure much better than most of the major available spacers.
I seen excellent durability from the Super Spacer over the years, and in fact have seen a far higher rate of seal failures from Intercept. I will agree however that the Cardinal XL is very good as well.

Hoakiebs

#7 Post by Hoakiebs »

Thanks so much for the replies.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#8 Post by masterext »

Any time i had a window with a seal failure it was always intercepts tin plated spacer. Never had an issue with Duralite and i dont believe i had one with super spacer either.