Replacement windows in KY

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Ptoaj7

Replacement windows in KY

#1 Post by Ptoaj7 »

Hello. I have been on the hunt for 21 replacement windows, double hung. I have had several quotes; mostly on Simonton/Norandex product lines. So far, not impressed with the utter lack of knowledge from the companies I have dealt with. I know Sunrise, Okna, Soft-lite are board favorites. Does anyone know of any good companies in the KY/OH/TN/IN area that are reputable and carry quality products? I believe America's Windows carry Sunrise products, but that company does not have great reviews. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Great board!

Windows on Washington

Re: Replacement windows in KY

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

America's Windows carry Okna if I am not mistaken.

The company is run by a very solid individual. What where the questionable reviews?

They do have a great product in the Okna window though.

Ptoaj7

#3 Post by Ptoaj7 »

Thanks for the input. I have a couple of neighbors that had windows installed by the local compnay in KY. Some issues with the install, although I must say they came back out and fixed them in a responsive manner. I have not contacted them for a quote yet. WOW, I was incorrect. They do carry Okna, not Sunrise. My mistake.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

I'll concur with Windows on Washington, America's Window is a solid company. Good people.

Ptoaj7

#5 Post by Ptoaj7 »

Looking at the Okna insul-tec and precision weld versus the Simonton 5500/platinum series, which would be the better value long term? I have heard the Simonton's can be drafty, but a decent mid grade option. I also looked at some of the Plygem stuff. It looked kind of cheap.

Thank you.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

It sounds like you are on the right track. The okna 500 insultec is an elite choice, while the other two are somewhat dated. Performance ratings are a landslide for the okna.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Not to mention you will get much, much more glass with the Okna.