Opinions on the best window replacement product

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
Debb4177

Opinions on the best window replacement product

#1 Post by Debb4177 »

Calling all window experts. I am looking to replace 19 windows and hope for an expert opinion as to who makes the best window. I've read with window replacement products, there are issues with loosing window space and the darkness of the glass. I'd like to avoid either of those two problems.

So far, the windows I've looked at are:

CertainTeed Bryn Mawr II
Thermal Industries DH560
Renewal by Andersen
Home Depot's 6500 series

The quotes between CertainTeed & Thermal Industries was the same, Home Depo was approximately $3,500 more and Renewal by Andersen was $5,250 more. I don't think the price difference is worth it for the Andersen windows and I've decided against the Home Depo windows based on price and opinion of quality by other posters on this website. I'm also looking for opinions on the first two products and other recommendations.

Thanks!

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Where you live can have much to do with what recommendations you get here. Many products are regional and not available nationwide. What area do you live in?

Debb4177

Opinion on Windows

#3 Post by Debb4177 »

Hi, I live in the Washington DC area.

Seg1

Thermal Industries

#4 Post by Seg1 »

Deb - I'm in the DC area as well. Who did you speak to about Thermal Industries? I'm going to look at the Okna DH300 this week. Have you looked at those?