Which to purchase, Pella or Vantage

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
kerst1

Which to purchase, Pella or Vantage

#1 Post by kerst1 »

My wife and I have quotes on Pella 250 series and Vantage point 6500. How do they compare. How does the 6500 compare to the Pella 350?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Which to purchase, Pella or Vantage

#2 Post by masterext »

I would immediately dismiss the pella 250, its very flimsy, cheap looking, and has a high air infiltration rating. The vantage point 6500 as a pretty good mid grade offering. The one downside is the fact that home depot does the install ( not a good thing in my opinion).
Depending on where you are located, you can probably find a better window for a lower price than the vantage point. I would look into okna, soft lite, or sunrise . Are you in the mid west?

kerst1

#3 Post by kerst1 »

We live in South Jersey, right outside of Philadelphia

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

There is a pro on this board that serves your area, he goes by the name delaware mike. Do a board search of his name and click his contact button. He is one heck of a contractor and offers some nice windows. At the very least, i would give him a call.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I would always look at the structural test for any unit that I would consider. In that data is the simplest tell all, AI air infiltration. I would suggest that you not consider anything with an AI above.05
Also look at the company history and reputation.
Next you have to find a great installer, DE Mike would do a great job, he is a fellow windownerd.
theWindowNerd

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1 on the Delaware Mike recommendation. He is a solid guy and great installer. I can speak from experience in this regard.

You can find him here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6426

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

#3 for Delaware Mike. Search his posts and you will see that the guy is a true craftsman.

FWIW, if you had to choose one of those products listed, I'd prefer the Vantage Point which if I'm not mistaken is basically a Simonton 5500 relabeled for Home Depot.