Vinyl Patio Door w/ Built-In Blinds

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Windows on Washington

Re: Vinyl Patio Door w/ Built-In Blinds

#16 Post by Windows on Washington »

That is your call.

Personally, I would not offer a discount as I would want to replace the damaged panel. Should be an easy order and swap out when the panel comes in.

That first picture is a trim piece end cap that should also be swapped out.

On a separate note, it does show how darn tough and heavy that door is.

TheWindowNerd

#17 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I agree with WOW that you should be given a new door panel.

Delaware Mike

#18 Post by Delaware Mike »

Real mechanics are problems solvers. We utilize in rare cases, various headlight polishing kits with the compounds and drill buffing adaptors on the spot to make any marring marks as perfect as possible. If the homeowner isn't 100% satisfied with the results we just get new.

I have the same Intuition handleset a sample and have it stored in a neat Crown Royal velvet bag that someone gave me. Wouldn't you know I opened up the back door of my pickup and that Intuition fell out right on the concrete and damaged it just like yours. What are the odds.

I'd want that door to be perfect and it's a simple fix. Those Elegante sliders are a bear to carry and I know how easy the active panel can try to jump out once the shrink wrap is off. My guys get so sick of me repeating myself with barking orders, however I've either made or seen every possible mistake out there and nothing will wreck a hard work day than breaking expensive windows and doors.

Cremonies

#19 Post by Cremonies »

I know this is old but I was wondering if anyone can help me with my Okna patio door.
I have some questions about my patio door.

The interlocking weatherstrip in the middle does not make a solid connection. At the top of the door it as some play in the track where I can push outward and pull inward. When i push outward, It makes a better connection with the stationary panel and removes all sound and wind noise. Looking from the outside, the door does not make contact with the weatherstripping.
Do you have any recommendations to correct this issue?
image000002.jpg
(240.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
image000001.jpg
(162.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
image000000.jpg
(182.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet

TheWindowNerd

#20 Post by TheWindowNerd »

who supplied and installed your door?
I can not tell by the pictures if there is anything wrong with the interlock. I would chck the evel don te the latc jamb to handle leg of the sliding unit. If it is not parallel than adjust.
The picture of the top looks as if the frame might be bowed up in the center. We would check this with a 4' level or end and center measurements.

theWindowNerd