Buying windows for Colorado Front Range

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
petalas82

Buying windows for Colorado Front Range

#1 Post by petalas82 »

I am looking at replacing our windows and I have heard some many different things about buying windows for a CO home. I was told that I need to buy windows from a company that makes them right here in Co because the elevation makes a difference with the gas in the windows vs if they are made from a sea level place. IS THIS TRUE???????

Also what are the main things I need to look for in a good windows when I am buying???

Windows on Washington

Re: Buying windows for Colorado Front Range

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Nothing wrong with a non-local made product as long as they account for the altitude.

Thermal performance (U-Factor), Air infiltration, and design pressure are the 3 critical components of performance consideration in your market in my opinion.

You need a window that is well built, air tight, and thermally efficient (the right kind of efficiency at that) in your area.

The window blows and the sun is strong in your climate.

MichaelPerez

#3 Post by MichaelPerez »

I prefer to go by a local company who might well know the climatic requirements of that particualr place.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Seeing as they aren't making the glass locally, it makes zero impact on whether the company you use is local.

What does make a difference is if the company understands their industry and knows what is the proper glass and makes the more appropriate selections.