Okna 550 or Soft White Imperial LS

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
jclouds1

Okna 550 or Soft White Imperial LS

#1 Post by jclouds1 »

I am replacing 25 double hung windows in my home. Both come in price wise about the same. What is the better window? Or should I be looking at the Okna 800 series?

randy

Re: Okna 550 or Soft White Imperial LS

#2 Post by randy »

If they’re similar in price, either the Okna dealer is heavy on price, or the Soft-lite dealer is giving you a good deal. The Okna 800 would be the closer comparison. Okna’s 505 series is a fine single hung window though.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

jclouds, do you mean the 5500 new construction double hung, or the single hung as randy referred to? ... I'll comment based on the 500 series in general.

This one may be a matter of personal preference. Either choice will serve you very well, and in my experience, I tend to see the 500 series and the Imperial LS priced competitively, and the 800 more commonly compared to the Elements. Most performance metrics have them (500 & LS) neck and neck as well. Personally I prefer the Okna 500 due to the added glass area as it is slimmer lined than the LS, however some folks like that "heft". Again, no wrong answer here.

IMO this one is truly a toss-up. I assume that these are two different installation companies, so it would be highly advisable to take a closer look at the installation process as well as the trustworthiness and reputation of the company itself to make your final choice.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Is this new construction?

Windowrican

#5 Post by Windowrican »

I agree that the windows are pretty close. I have to admit that I'm a little leery of Softlite though with just having been bought out by a large building supply company a few weeks ago. Lots of uncertainty, that might be the tipping point for me.