Vista Panorama, Earthwise or Polaris Unishield?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
e90steve

Re: Vista Panorama, Earthwise or Polaris Unishield?

#31 Post by e90steve »

Haha.. we are in the same boat with ours very similar situation. We are down to the Okna 500 vs the Vista and it is a pure price decision at this point.

We have a very similar window in the family room as well. We are thinking open on top, and the bottom 1/4 Casement 1/2 Picture and 1/4 Casement. Would love to hear what you decide on too. No grids for us.

rummonkey

#32 Post by rummonkey »

e90steve wrote:Haha.. we are in the same boat with ours very similar situation. We are down to the Okna 500 vs the Vista and it is a pure price decision at this point.

We have a very similar window in the family room as well. We are thinking open on top, and the bottom 1/4 Casement 1/2 Picture and 1/4 Casement. Would love to hear what you decide on too. No grids for us.

I think we are going to do grids on the double hungs and the 1/2 round then do no grids on the picture...unless prairie style grids would look OK on the picture window with the colonial grids in the double hung...it's hard envision. That's what the wife wants anyway. I'll grab a photo tomorrow to get a better view of my circumstances.

Did you get an Okna quote from Pinnacle in Woodstock? Dennis was a nice guy and they get great reviews. The local Vista dealer makes me kind of nervous.

e90steve

#33 Post by e90steve »

Yup Dennis quoted the Okna for us. I do like him and Pinnacle. Feel the same about you do about the Vista. I like the window and the features but worried about the install and post install service.

HomeSealed

#34 Post by HomeSealed »

Guys, you have a measurably superior window, from a company that you both clearly like and trust (FWIW I have no clue who they are). The fact that the higher prices option is something that you are pondering and appears to be within your budget really should make this an easy decision. Keep in mind, the service life of this project will be 30 years give or take. The extra cost is pretty minimal with that in mind. I'd NEVER recommend that anyone deal with a company that they feel uneasy about, regardless of the product or price. In this case it sounds like the better company, installation, and product are all in the same package, and at a fair price. Skimp on something less important in life, not on a 4 or 5 figure investment into your home.

rummonkey

#35 Post by rummonkey »

HomeSealed wrote:Guys, you have a measurably superior window, from a company that you both clearly like and trust (FWIW I have no clue who they are). The fact that the higher prices option is something that you are pondering and appears to be within your budget really should make this an easy decision. Keep in mind, the service life of this project will be 30 years give or take. The extra cost is pretty minimal with that in mind. I'd NEVER recommend that anyone deal with a company that they feel uneasy about, regardless of the product or price. In this case it sounds like the better company, installation, and product are all in the same package, and at a fair price. Skimp on something less important in life, not on a 4 or 5 figure investment into your home.

We have already made our decision on the Okna 500. Our decision is down to the grids vs no grids and where.

rummonkey

#36 Post by rummonkey »

Here is the large setup that we are trying to figure out. Ignore the ugly shades, those will all be coming down as soon as we get the new windows in lol

The 2 double hungs on the sides will definitely be left with grids, and the 1/2 round on top will have the sunburst style grids. I just can't picture the bigger window without the grids. Will it look off if the rest of the windows on front have grids? Decisions Decisions
Attachments
unnamed (1).jpg
(31.24 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Windows on Washington

#37 Post by Windows on Washington »

What's the view like (i.e. backyard)?

I tend toward no grids as I like the view, but I understand the "colonial" aesthetic that many folks are going for.

If they are all going to be fixed unit (if you go that route), why not a single, huge palladian in lieu of the multiples?

Windows on Washington

#38 Post by Windows on Washington »

I don't think they look "off", but understand that is a bunch of personal preference here.

I like how large the room feels when the larger picture windows are gridless.

rummonkey

#39 Post by rummonkey »

Windows on Washington wrote:I don't think they look "off", but understand that is a bunch of personal preference here.

I like how large the room feels when the larger picture windows are gridless.

Unfortunately the view sucks. It's just out to the front yard and the neighbors houses. No great view to speak of. Wife leans towards no grids in the picture portion, grids in the rest. I guess that's probably the way we will go, unless she changes her mind lol

Windows on Washington

#40 Post by Windows on Washington »

If the view isn't noteworthy, go with the grids.