Looking for a reputable OKNA installer in NJ area

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
eaf

Looking for a reputable OKNA installer in NJ area

#1 Post by eaf »

Hi,

We're planning to replace all of our windows as well as a patio door with Okna 700, and are looking for a good dealer/installer as well as a ballpark figure of what we'd have to pay for it, if it was done like a new install, i.e. nailing flange, window tape, etc.

The scope of work includes 6 twin casements (each opening is about 72"x60"), a half circle picture window to go on top of one twin casement, and a patio door.

We're in the central NJ.

Windows on Washington

Re: Looking for a reputable OKNA installer in NJ area

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

There is a poster on here by the name of masterext that serves that area.

He would be my recommendation for Jersey.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6633

randy

#3 Post by randy »

Another recommendation to reach out to masterext for great products and professional service!

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

What town?

theWindowNerd

eaf

#5 Post by eaf »

I'm in Marlboro.

Thanks, I'll try getting a quote from masterext. Initially I didn't see that "Get a Quote" button, perhaps because the account was too new, so had no idea what everybody meant when they said to submit a quote request.

coachgreg

#6 Post by coachgreg »

I just had a bunch of double hungs installed and 2 casements kind of close in size to yours.

That 72 x 60 is probably a 3 lite casement meaning its actually 3 windows even though its only one opening. I also thought it was only one window. So if you have six of them, thats 18 windows. We also used Okna and they make a very nice casement style window, you will be happy even if you are paying over $500 per window, its well worth it. I wanted good quality.
We used AGM Windows for our install. They are an Okna window dealer in new jersey. They do a nice job.

We had a basic replacement and were told " new construction" adds at least an additional $250 per window. From the research we did, a good replacement can be just as good and it saves a lot of money. Good luck.

mvblum1211

#7 Post by mvblum1211 »

We used AGM, Paul and his crew had a great price, did a great job explaining the features of the windows, and the install was perfect. I love the windows compared to the original wood single pane double hungs we replaced.

randy

#8 Post by randy »

Great feedback, thanks for taking the time to follow up. Paul (masterext) is a true professional and a great resource for homeowner in NJ.

TheWindowNerd

#9 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Depending on where in NJ you are three of us board pros service the area.
TheWindowNerd, masterext = AGM, and DE Mike.
Mike and Paul live in NJ. Mike is more S Jersey. I do a lot in Mercer and Burlington counties.
I am sure they are like most, prefer to stay local but will travel for the right customer and project.

theWindowNerd.