What is a fair price for Schuco

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
weinsje

What is a fair price for Schuco

#1 Post by weinsje »

The local Schuco salesperson (NJ) was out and gave a good pitch for the windows (15 DH, triple pane/krypton, 6 with grids, rest clear). Price averaged $803. Seemed high compared to what I've read. Seemed perturbed when I wouldn't sign up immediately (dealer had insisted my wife be present for pitch). Also looking at Andersen Renewal and Pella. I liked the Schuco construction/efficiency although the wife feels their competition wins on aesthetics. Reliability and efficiency are more important, of course, but the Schuco price gives me nose bleed. The local dealer called before the weekend, ostensibly to do a quality check on my experience, but (also) to try to set up an appointment where he would come out, 'look at my windows and offer a better price' rom reading this board this is apparently common practice with some dealers but not all. Anyway, If I have him come over, how low should I go per window before accepting? I was thinking $600 seemed right; Is that too low to give him a fair profit or? Thanks in advance.