Schucco/NuView Remodeling/DC Metro Area-the best

A place to talk about the Window Industry
nmmmm

Re: Getting angry

#16 Post by nmmmm »

rixer7 wrote:I ordered Schuco's Corona 4000 triple from Nuview in the early spring and had a tentative install date of June 12. It rained in the early morning and they cancelled. They did not call me. I had to call them and get that stupid answering machine so I left a message expecting someone to call me back. No one did. I called at 3:30 and spoke to someone and asked if they were gonna come out and he said "no". I asked if anyone was going to call me. He stated that they would call me the next day for a reschedule. The next day no call. I called them back @ 5:30 and the guy that answered the phone said that he would have the vice president call me the next day. No call the next day. I have not gotten anyone to call me back or answer the phone since last Wednesday. Their website has been pulled down too. Does anyone have contact info for these guys?

What is the normal re-install time if you get rained out? I assumed that they would put me in the next day.

Am I rushing to judgement on this company because I really want these windows?
Feel free to contact me directly at onlineacounts (at) yahoo.com (my junk email address for bulletin boards.)

I'll share what I know about our ongoing problems.

You can see more of our issue here:

http://replacementwindowdisasters.blogspot.com/

so as not to use up this bulletin board's resources and good will.

skibernie

Re: Getting angry

#17 Post by skibernie »

rixer7 wrote:I ordered Schuco's Corona 4000 triple from Nuview in the early spring and had a tentative install date of June 12. It rained in the early morning and they cancelled. They did not call me. I had to call them and get that stupid answering machine so I left a message expecting someone to call me back. No one did. I called at 3:30 and spoke to someone and asked if they were gonna come out and he said "no". I asked if anyone was going to call me. He stated that they would call me the next day for a reschedule. The next day no call. I called them back @ 5:30 and the guy that answered the phone said that he would have the vice president call me the next day. No call the next day. I have not gotten anyone to call me back or answer the phone since last Wednesday. Their website has been pulled down too. Does anyone have contact info for these guys?

What is the normal re-install time if you get rained out? I assumed that they would put me in the next day.

Am I rushing to judgement on this company because I really want these windows?
I no longer trust NuView - I had an install scheduled for June 19th and they were a no show. Sort of had a gut feeling as I received no call back last week while trying to confirm the install date. At this point, I am going through the motions of filing with the BBB, local and state consumer groups, and setting up a couple websites to warn any potential NuView customers.

One other note - I had a cell number for one of their employees (first name begines with G.)and left a few messages with him. On June 20, 2006, he informed me he is no longer employed with NuView, but would not tell me anything else about their processes.

Getting a bad feeling my 1/3 deposit is gone.

vausa99

Re. getting angry

#18 Post by vausa99 »

I don't think that a reschedule is automatically done on the next good day. Otherwise they would have to push everyone's install dates back. Instead, installation should be scheduled on the next available date. For me, when this happened the rescheduled date was about two weeks later. However, what was most difficult to understand was that I wasn't automatically rescheduled and no one contacted me. I had to call and call and call (leaving messages each time) until I finally reached a live person who could/would help me.

On a related note...it took 8 months from the time I signed my contract (and put down the sizeable deposit) until my windows (sans one that was mismeasured and is still not in) were installed.

Unlike the atrocious pictures displayed by another poster, my outside capping job was very, very nicely done. I did not have any cap/finish work done on the inside as I planned to replace all of the trim anyway.

You can find George II's cell phone number freely posted by George II himself on these discussion boards. At least you can talk directly to a person (most of the time) if you use that number.

vausa99

NuView offline

#19 Post by vausa99 »

In addition to the website no longer online, both George senior and George II's cellphones are no longer working.

This does not bode well for those of us with outstanding contracts and unfinished work.

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

#20 Post by VRWAdmin »

so as not to use up this bulletin board's resources and good will.
Your there! We appreciate your situation with Nuview, and I think all must agree we have allowed quite a bit of information relative to the frustrations people have had to be posted on the board.

However, we try not to let the board become a tool to bring about resolutions in particular situations. As such we feel this is a good time to close out this thread.

VRW Admin