Thermo-tite windows

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
JerryG

Thermo-tite windows

#1 Post by JerryG »

I bought new Termo-tite windows for my house about eight years ago. I as satisfied up until three years ago, when three of the inside panes broke for no reason. The glass was sucked in and broke. When I contacted the company, they told me that although the rep-lacement glass was free, there was a charge of $92.00 per pane for the labor to replace them. And I was foo;ish enough to believe that a warranty was actually worth something. In the meantime, two more panes have broken. I have had them replaced by a local glazier at my own expense. My complaints to the company went unsatisfied. I will never again do business with a company that will not honor it's warranty.

windowmannjny

#2 Post by windowmannjny »

i am familiar with that company, i believe back then when you purchased the windows that they came with a lifetime material warranty and a one year labor warranty. so indeed they DID honor the warranty that you originally contracted for.

Paneless

Too much of a good thing...

#3 Post by Paneless »

The glass was sucked in and broke
This occures due to a manufactueres error placing too much desiccant, a drying agent, inside the aluminum spacer. I'm surprised it took 6 years before it manifested.

The Desiccant absorbs moisture, that's its sole purpose in this type of application. However during extrem tempurature changes the excess abbsobent works too good and when there's nothing left to absorb during the flux in temperature it termporaily causes a vacuum resulting in the inside pane imploding towards the outside.

Today there are spacing systems that don't rely on antiquated technology, like Intercept or TPS (Thermal Plastic Spacer), the latter being the better of the two wherein no aluminum is used whatsoever thus the need for a any form of drying agent permantently sealed inside the IG is not necessary.

JerryG

#4 Post by JerryG »

So, you are saying that it is okay for a 3 windows to break on their own (obviously a defect in construction) and the company to charge $276.00 to replace 3 panes in one service call? I can understand one service charge to send a technician out, but I should not have to pay it 3 times. When I had it done locally, it took about 15 minutes per pane to replace them. Do their techs make $368.00/hr? They were obviously pricing the replacement of the glass so high that they would not have to replace them under warranty. To me, that is the same as offering a fake warranty. I even tried to negotiate with them to no avail. They certainly do not have a consumer-friendly warranty or attitude. I have a waaranty that covers defective material and was forced to pay to have my windows replaced. I think I am entitled to feel ripped off.

windowmannjny

#5 Post by windowmannjny »

Jerry i do feel your pane, and i think they should have charged 1 service fee to fix whatever was wrong with the job, i dont know who you spoke with but i do know a few people over there and if i can be of any help let me know, in general they are a reputable company to do business with.

JerryG

#6 Post by JerryG »

It's too late now. I have had the panes replaced already. After many phone calls, I no longer want to deal with these people. I will just spread the word of my experience with this company.