Schuco Triple Pane Krypton Gas Pricing

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Silverskate

#1 Post by Silverskate »

I live in Northeast and the local rep is quoting for DH 20 windows - Insulgard. What is a fair price for the windows - auto locks, triple pane, krypton. The producy seems great as long as they live up to the sales pitch. The waranty is great. Guaranteed 50% savings in fuel energy costs. Any info would be great to make a educated decision.
Are the triple panes that much better than double pain - especially in the NE?

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

The product is great.... the pitch was less than poor... and the promises are not possible. Where are you at more specifically, what dealer did you use and what prices did you get? Lets see if we can help you out.

Silverskate

#3 Post by Silverskate »

The vendor is FJB and the pricing is over $1,000 per window. All bells and whistles.

FenEx

#4 Post by FenEx »

Ok.... my previous statement applies. The Schuco product is a very strong contender for the best vinyl window ever made. FJB's version of it is Insulsash, not Insulgard. What types of windows do you have (double-hungs, casements, etc) and what are the installation considerations (inside and outside surfaces) and the approximate sizes. The guaranteed fuel pedge is a farce, don't let that help your decision... but if properly installed, the window will perform extremely well. More info is necessary... please continue.

Silverskate

#5 Post by Silverskate »

They are all double hung except for one bathroom (19X33)casement swing out. There are 4 (30X62), 1 (40X62), 7 (32X46), 1 (28X54), 3 (30X54) and 2 (36X54). All windows have old aluminum storms. We have wooden moldings inside and vinyl siding outside.

FenEx

#6 Post by FenEx »

A grand a window for those is a joke.... email me and i'll help direct you to a better dealer if there is one close enough. FenEx@optonline.net

Hey HipCat... the company you work for considers this reasonable???
Last edited by FenEx on Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HipKat

#7 Post by HipKat »

Get clarification from your FJB rep on anything you have questions on, and be specific.

FenEx

#8 Post by FenEx »

They are getting clarification Hipcat. Clarification that the 50% energy savings pledge is not even possible to achieve. I strongly suggest you let it go and move on once again. Conduct your business as you will, but when it comes here, it will be addressed with honesty.

HipKat

#9 Post by HipKat »

Oh, don't worry. I'm not perpetuating claims, or making arguments. Ijust want the buyers to make sure they're informed, as do you.

FenEx

#10 Post by FenEx »

I'm not worried at all... I have no reason to. I just want to share facts... not bogus pitches. The Schuco products will sell themselves for what they are and provide, without the need for fairytale forcasts.

Although many on this site find good things to say about Schuco products, it does not... nor will it.... include dealers that practice bogus and fraudulent claims, unreasonable charges and rude high-pressure sales.
Last edited by FenEx on Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

HipKat

#11 Post by HipKat »

I wouldn't know if it is or not. Nor am I worried. Why shoudl I be. You and I have talked and are talking about all this in the past. No need to be confrontational here. I as you, support the buyer.