Schuco Health

A place to talk about the Window Industry
rfranzel

Schuco Health

#1 Post by rfranzel »

I was just talking to a local window contractor (not a Schuco dealer) who told me that he heard that Schuco is in a shakey financial status now, and may not be a presence in the USA for very much longer.

I hope this is not the case since I plan on having Schuco windows installed shortly. Do any of you Schuco dealers have any insights on this rumor?

Thanks.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

That rumor is an old rumor with no truth to it and has been addressed here several times. The rumor was started by a disgruntled factory rep trying to do some damage after he lost his job.

Schuco is a thriving $2 billion+ a year company in over 70 countries worldwide. You have nothing to worry about buying windows from them.

rfranzel

#3 Post by rfranzel »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was pretty sure they were secure world-wide, but if they decide to close their Connecticut manufacturing plant, US customers might be in trouble.

Your reply was a great help. Thanks again.

vdotmatrix

#4 Post by vdotmatrix »

Window4U (IL) wrote:That rumor is an old rumor with no truth to it and has been addressed here several times. The rumor was started by a disgruntled factory rep trying to do some damage after he lost his job.

Schuco is a thriving $2 billion+ a year company in over 70 countries worldwide. You have nothing to worry about buying windows from them.
Unless of course yo live in the DCMETRO area recently....

Window4U (IL)

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

That's not Schuco.
Let's be fair here. That was an independant contractor who just happened to sell schuco as one of his window brands. Would you could call him Alcoa or GAF if he sold alcoa siding or GAF shingles? He is not any part of Schuco. We as dealers have no financial ties to Schuco the corporation.

vdotmatrix

#6 Post by vdotmatrix »

Window4U (IL) wrote:That's not Schuco.
Let's be fair here. That was an independant contractor who just happened to sell schuco as one of his window brands. Would you could call him Alcoa or GAF if he sold alcoa siding or GAF shingles? He is not any part of Schuco. We as dealers have no financial ties to Schuco the corporation.
I worded it wrong, soorry....I LOVE OUR SCHUCO windows. Schuco is strong and no that there are THREE more dealers in our immediate community, is testament to the strength this Glass company has in this market.

Certainly. :idea:

Window4U (IL)

#7 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I'm the one that is sorry ....as I didn't see the last sentence of what you quoted from my statement, which is what your comments were directed towards.
I wouldn't have posted my response if I had read it correctly. I see now what you were saying and agree. I am very disgusted with what has happened with that dealer and feel very sorry for the people who have to deal with it now.