Home Depot...serious problem

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
pk8183

Home Depot...serious problem

#1 Post by pk8183 »

About 18 months ago I had HD At Home Services install 12 new windows on the SW side of my house....thats where the problems began.

I have had constant air leakage between 4 floor to ceiling windows in my living room...enough air that I can hold a lit match between the window and the air will almost blow the match out.

I also have 4 windows that sound like a very loud flat flute evertime the wind gets about 15 MPH ( I live in Kansas so it happens all the time).

At this point I am going to have someone else either try and reinstall these windows, or have someone put new windows in and try to go after HD at home services to recoup my thousands of dollars....

I know I am asking a broad question, but any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...I wish I had seen this site 18 months ago.

homeowner

#2 Post by homeowner »

if you are at the point where you must go elsewhere, do so. but if you can i would encourage you to go after hd like an insane person. likely you paid a premium price. this likely seemed ok to you because its hd. they will stand behind their work you figured. hey, they probably will. i hate paying more than i should, but i would go crazy if i spent big money and didnt love my windows. if you dont, make hd fix it. i hope its not too late, but i assume you have had ongoing dialogue that would extend period of time where the big stores usually do what they have to do to make the customer happy. buying from hd should at least give you more recourse than normal. good luck. raise cain!

Newbee

#3 Post by Newbee »

Have you tried your Better Business Bureau (BBB) in your area?

joe123

#4 Post by joe123 »

Buying installation from Home Depot is like asking what is the maximum amount of money a company can legally charge a customer before it is consider a crime.

In other words, you paid a PREMIUM price to have Home Depot backing up the installation.

You should approach Home Deopt with that in mind and make sure you don't leave the building until they cater to you in every way possible including giving you a free trip to Hawaii which you already paid for by the premium upcharge.

Door&WindowPlus

#5 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

Has anyone ever had a good experience having Home Depot or Lowe's install their windows. I constantly see screwed up installations and the homeowners trying to find out who is responsiable. The installer blames the manufacturer, the manufacturer blames home depot for allowing a inexperienced installer install their windows and Home Depot says they will get back to you. I think the last time I looked up Lowe's and Home Depot on the a search engine and list window problems I found alot of people really upset. I know that Home Depot only pays its installers (subcontractors) $55 a window so what do you really expect to get.

riddlewh

#6 Post by riddlewh »

Door&WindowPlus wrote:Has anyone ever had a good experience having Home Depot or Lowe's install their windows.
HD was too high price for us and the saleman's at Lowes treated us like idiots.

Door&WindowPlus

#7 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

Home Depot and Lowes dont train their employees very well.