Condensation question

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jonandabby

Condensation question

#1 Post by jonandabby »

Last summer I replace all the windows in my house with Certainteed Bryn Mawr II windows. This morning I woke up (in the VERY sticky Northeast US) and found that some of them had condensation on the outside window. There was no moisture in the inside. Given that some did not have condensation and some did, I thought there might be a problem. Any thoughts?

HipKat

#2 Post by HipKat »

I wouldn't wory about condensation on the outside.Do you have AC?? It's VERY hot here in the NE right now, and if you have two extreme temps on either side of the glass, that condensation is normal.

jonandabby

#3 Post by jonandabby »

I've got AC, and yes, it is hot. I figured there may be a problem with some of the windows, because the condensation wasn't consistent. I'd have two windows right next to each other in the same room, and only would have the condensation. Very odd.

HipKat

#4 Post by HipKat »

That is a bit odd. Is one more in the shade than the other?? Humidity is the main cause of condensation, and yesterday, the humidity, here in Buffalo, was brutal.

jonandabby

#5 Post by jonandabby »

Nope - no shade difference. Actually, since I wake up at a ridiculous time and the sun barely is even up (on the other side of the house even), shade wasn't in existence when I saw it.

HipKat

#6 Post by HipKat »

Well, I'm no expert on Certainteed windows, but I still suspect this heatwave and high humidity is the biggest factor.
But then, who knows. I'd call the local reps and see what they say.