order mistake question

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
seamaster

order mistake question

#1 Post by seamaster »

Hi folks, I would appreciate any thoughts on my situation. I ordered 18 Simonton 9800 windows with the Super Sensor Plus (laminated glass) glass package. The installers arrived this morning to install and when i checked the sticker it became known I did not get the glass I orderd. The installers said they would continue installing what they had and sashes with the glass I wanted would be orderd and then swapped out with the Super Sensor Plus. The person I ordered through said they would correct this in this manner and the windows would not be any less effective. As this was going on I called Simonton and confirnmed I did not get what i ordered. A Simonton field rep said it would not be a problem to order correct sashes and replace the incorrect ones. Any thoughts on the accuracy of the information I was given about this. This is just my luck....

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Totally accurate info and normal for this situation. New sashes can be swapped out in a manner of minutes.

FenEx

#3 Post by FenEx »

I agree... and Simonton has one of the shortest production times in the industry, typically about 7 days.

XSleeper

#4 Post by XSleeper »

I agree. This happened to us recently... ordered grids, got windows with no grids. Installed the windows as scheduled- Swapping out the sashes was quick and easy once they arrived.

seamaster

thanks

#5 Post by seamaster »

Thanks for your very quick replies. This puts my mind at rest quite a bit. You folks really provide a valuable service to anyone looking to replace windows.