Abcleads.com BBB Business Review  NAHB member
Call us at
1-800-219-5332

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: order mistake question
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:24 am 

Hi folks, I would appreciate any thoughts on my situation. I ordered 18 Simonton 9800 windows with the Super Sensor Plus (laminated glass) glass package. The installers arrived this morning to install and when i checked the sticker it became known I did not get the glass I orderd. The installers said they would continue installing what they had and sashes with the glass I wanted would be orderd and then swapped out with the Super Sensor Plus. The person I ordered through said they would correct this in this manner and the windows would not be any less effective. As this was going on I called Simonton and confirnmed I did not get what i ordered. A Simonton field rep said it would not be a problem to order correct sashes and replace the incorrect ones. Any thoughts on the accuracy of the information I was given about this. This is just my luck....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:30 am 

Totally accurate info and normal for this situation. New sashes can be swapped out in a manner of minutes.

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:43 am 

I agree... and Simonton has one of the shortest production times in the industry, typically about 7 days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:25 pm 

I agree. This happened to us recently... ordered grids, got windows with no grids. Installed the windows as scheduled- Swapping out the sashes was quick and easy once they arrived.

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:42 am 

Thanks for your very quick replies. This puts my mind at rest quite a bit. You folks really provide a valuable service to anyone looking to replace windows.