$8,900 for eight windows?!

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
kat

$8,900 for eight windows?!

#1 Post by kat »

Tell me if I'm nuts to accept this proposal: eight vinyl replacement windows, double hung, grids top only, largest size is 36 x 48 (two of those), rest are average: 36 x 32 or so. Includes installation and trim. No reframing or sills. R10 glass. Quote was from Larmco Windows, live in central Ohio. Know nothing about windows, but I was thinking maybe half that for eight basic windows. Appreciate ALL opinions. Thanks, Kat (Oh yes, and this was with their buy two windows get one free deal!!!)

windowrep

#2 Post by windowrep »

your instincts are correct. that price is ridiculous. hopefully you are doing more shopping. there are plenty of window companies and manufacturers in ohio. good luck

searspro

#3 Post by searspro »

You should take a look at what Sears has to offer. Good quality windows and a reputation of standing behind what they sell. Not the lowest price, but who would brag about that. The quote you received is way high. E-mail me if your interested in seeing what Sears has to offer. Good luck!

bones

Re: $8,900 for eight windows?!

#4 Post by bones »

kat wrote:Tell me if I'm nuts to accept this proposal: eight vinyl replacement windows, double hung, grids top only, largest size is 36 x 48 (two of those), rest are average: 36 x 32 or so. Includes installation and trim. No reframing or sills. R10 glass. Quote was from Larmco Windows, live in central Ohio. Know nothing about windows, but I was thinking maybe half that for eight basic windows. Appreciate ALL opinions. Thanks, Kat (Oh yes, and this was with their buy two windows get one free deal!!!)
Was that Champion by any chance??? I have an estimate from them too...try leaving out the buy two get one free deal, that only applies to "regularly priced" windows.

Guy

h

#5 Post by Guy »

good

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: $8,900 for eight windows?!

#6 Post by Window4U (IL) »

kat wrote:Tell me if I'm nuts to accept this proposal:
Yep.

BayCityWindows

nuts...

#7 Post by BayCityWindows »

yes,

$4797 8 windows IWC, retrofit, installed

handyman19619

#8 Post by handyman19619 »

eman

Sears no bargain

#9 Post by eman »

searspro wrote:You should take a look at what Sears has to offer. Good quality windows and a reputation of standing behind what they sell. Not the lowest price, but who would brag about that. The quote you received is way high. E-mail me if your interested in seeing what Sears has to offer. Good luck!

i live in RI. sears recently quoted me $8000 for two windows.

a 3' by 3' garden window = $3500!
a oversized bow windown ( 7' by 5' ) = $4500!

this is installed price for the least expensive Sears replacement windows after an allowance for a 15% discount and an extra discount "if i buy now"

ok maybe i can see the possiblilty of $4500 for the big bow window
but there is no way i could ever consider $3500 for a 3' x 3' garden window. isn't that nuts?

Bill

#10 Post by Bill »

That is a big number for that garden window and the bow at 7ft x 5ft is not oversized if anything its a bit smaller then average.

Bill,
Uneeda Window of NJ