Looking Local Contractor South Jersey for windows and doors

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
sb1234

Looking Local Contractor South Jersey for windows and doors

#1 Post by sb1234 »

I am looking for a contractor in southern NJ ( near Phila). I need to replace my old windows about 40 years old. I also need 2 entry doors and storms doors and one of the door areas to be repaired.I searched for a contractor quote but only came up with one in Philadelphia. Is there any way I can find one in NJ ?

Also can anyone reccomend any brands of windows?
I was going to get some quotes from
Window wizards and read a bad review, as I also did with Castle Windows.. What about Lowes and Home Depot? My main reason for new windows and doors is energy savings. Everything I have now is soooo drafty . I also read about Angies list. Does anyone know if it is worth the price to subscribe to it?

thanks for any help.

Windows_westchester

re: drafty windows

#2 Post by Windows_westchester »

Hey South Jersey -
I would search this BB and their sister Board (www.replacement-windows.com) -
I signed up for angies list, but didn't have to pay. They're one resource to check out installers. I'd also check your better business bureau, and your county consumer affairs department as well.
I know you're supposed to check for references, but from my 3 contractor experiences (and lots of contractor shopping) - the contractors only give you good references, and they may not be for the exact project you want.
Also, HD doesn't have a good reputation as the sub out all the installation. Do your homework on the type and quality of windows you're getting - www.nfrc.org is a good place to start there.

Windows_westchester

sb1234

#3 Post by sb1234 »

Thanks very much. I did a search and found a lot of info. I did get a quote for Great Lake brand windows. It was reasonable, but I cannot find anything on either of these boards about them. Has anyone had an experience with this brand?
thganks