Xact windows quote

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
mrgiella

Xact windows quote

#1 Post by mrgiella »

Newbie here, any help would be appreciated. We are replacing 15 windows total, 10 DH, one picture, 4 sliders. I did my research, looked at both high end and low end and am considering Xact 1650's. My wife and I need something with value. The quote was $6K start to finish (including hauling away) and recapping outside around the windows. Is this a decent deal? There are no other Xact dealers in my area to check. Also, are middle of the road (comparible to the 1650's) Schucco vinyl windows that much better than Xact? From reading these forums seems like Schucco's are the best vinyl replacement windows. Thanks.

Door&WindowPlus

#2 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

I sell the Xact Window in Southern California and have had no problems at all with it. They are similar to the Milgards we sell but are much cheaper. I dont sell Schucco vinyl windows but I feel the difference is alot. But if your on a budget Xact seems to getting more popular with my customers because of its price point. Bottom line is the window is half the process the other half being the installation. If the window is the best and you have a hack installer the window wont be the best. Do your homework on the company that is going to do the installation.