Simonton's Generations 6000 vs the 9800

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
JTXX

Simonton's Generations 6000 vs the 9800

#1 Post by JTXX »

I was under the impression that the Simonton 9800 was the top of the line series for Simonton. But now I'm told the 6000 (Generations series) is the top. Can someone please set me straight and also let me in on the differences between these two series.

Thanks
JTXX

Bill

#2 Post by Bill »

The Generations window aka the 6000 is the best Simonton window available from Norandex who is Simonton largest distributor. It is very similar to the 9800; the 6000 technically has a different main frame but the only difference is the shape of the screen track. Both windows have the same triple weather-stripping and if the glass systems are matched they will perform exactly the same.

The 9800 has nicer individual lift handle compared to the long integral lift handle on the 6000. You get a small scar on the sash at the end of the lift handle where the lift handle is cut back to weld the corner. This does not have to be done with the 9800 so the sash has a cleaner look.

So the 9800 would be considered Simonton’s best but the 6000 will perform as well. The 6000 is nicer looking than the 5500 sold as the Prism Platinum at Norandex.

Bill

JTXX

#3 Post by JTXX »

Bill: Thanks for your reply. It's very difficult to attain a good knowledge of what's good/bad when dealing with replacement windows.

JTXX