Gravina

A place to talk about the Window Industry
buddyboy

Gravina

#1 Post by buddyboy »

Hello all;

this is my 1st post here. we are looking to buy new windows for our 115 yr old 2 story in Denver CO.

we have had several salesmen visit us. the prices ranged from 28K to 14.5K

the best quality and price seems to the the gravina window, a triple pane krypton filled window. the highest was the Anderson and while nicely put together, not worth the money.

can anyone here comment on the company Gravina?

thanks

bb

Gardog

Denver windows

#2 Post by Gardog »

If you read most of the posts here regarding triple pane, you'll see that it is not much more efficient in terms of your Climate Zone. It's more of sales tactic to differentiate.

Look at the U-factors and SHGC for the windows you consider. They should be available on the NFRC web site. Then ask around about the quality of installation from the sellers you consider. The performance of any window and door can be reduced substantially by poor installation. A few bucks more for quality installation will be worth it in years ahead.

There are several solid replacment contractors in Denver, so I won't comment on Gravina specifically.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

If you compare an average vinyl window with double pane low-e with argon gas you'll have a window with a u-value generally in the .32 - .35 range.
Choose a super-insulated triple-pane window (like the Elements window for example), and you'll have a double-hung window with an NFRC certified u-value of .16

That's 2X the insulation value of most double paned windows with low-e. That is more than just a little bit of an improvement. That's getting downright impressive in my opinion and is a smart choice in any heating or cooling climate.