Windows in the Seattle area

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
terri

Windows in the Seattle area

#1 Post by terri »

NEED HELP......I got a quote on replacing my windows to Vinyl.....I have 6 regular window 2 sliders and 1 garden window.... The company is Evans Glass and the window is Eurocraft.......The price is 12000.00... I was looking for a medium priced window.......Does anyone one have any comments?????? Thanks, Terri

Skydawggy

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

Yes.

That price is absurd even if you need a cut-out for the garden window.

Keep shopping.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I see many ways this quote could be right on track. Not enough info to tell.

If "regular windows" means twin casements or very large double hungs, and "sliders" means big patio doors, then the quote is not ridiculous, it's possibly right on track.
Please give a little more detail as to what the windows really are, about what size and what options they are going to have. That would give us more to go on to be able to help.

terri

window sizes

#4 Post by terri »

Thanks for the reply..... Here are the window sizes...
2 picture 48x52
2 that open 24x52
2 sliders 71x81
2 that open 39x34
1 garden 59x48..... replacement
This was my first bid and the company came to the door and was the hard sell type... I did not know that was how some companys work until I found this message board... Thanks for the help, Terri

plasma

#5 Post by plasma »

We got a fairly hard sell (not typical for our area) for Evans/Eurocraft, and we bit, at about $15K for eight windows and a sliding door. That price was supposedly good only on the spot, of course; he was giving us a 25% "discount" if we bought right away!

We canceled the order a day later, realizing from research here and elsewhere that while the windows were impressive, they weren't worth two or close to three times as much as the competing bids. They billed themselves as willing to match any price ... of an equivalent window (which is why we thought we'd at least listen). But then they assert that there is no equivalent window.

Of course, they called and offered to cut the price to about $10K, but we've tired of their used-car-sales act. We've selected a local contractor, although still uncertain whether we'll go with the Millgard or Certainteed.