Evans Eurocraft vs Certainteed

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
window

Evans Eurocraft vs Certainteed

#1 Post by window »

I've narrowed down my replacement window selection to either Evans Eurocraft or Certainteed. I would appreciate input on both these window, especially since the eurocraft window is roughly $2500 more. (I have 21 windows to replace.) Which is a better window?

alleathomas

#2 Post by alleathomas »

Hello, I am looking at replacing with Certainteed as well on the west (ocean) side of the house. The current aluminum windows let the heat right out. I have just began researching and would appreciate if someone could reply to me as well.

Thank you!

Allea

terri

#3 Post by terri »

I'm looking to replace my windows with Erocraft and was wondering which window you went with and do you like your choice ?? Thanks, Terri

robert

#4 Post by robert »

Check the warranties and the companies standing with the BBB find out who will stand behind the project.

IMO I have found that very few companies will actually warranty their window but if you can find a company that does you have a gold mine on your hands.

Look for a seemless comapny with no middle man I can not comment on what company does what but in doing research so far for an upcoming project I know that I am looking for a company with one point of contact that does all. As far as price I am personally willing to pay more for the peace of mind knowing that I am getting a great installation, quality product, and a company that has more to offer than just some fancy name.

What I have found that in the industry today it appears that Energy Star rated products are the norm but how long will that product maintain its initial integrity is a completely different story. So how do we the consumer protect ourselves? Well I can say I have become over educated in the PERFORMACE ratings of windows this is a rating produce by AAMA and supported by the NFRC both third party non biased organizations that test windows. My best guess and granted I am no expert is going with what those agencies say about the different companies is that if you gamble with Certinteed you are throwing your money away. I have no comment on Evans as I have not seen or researched their product but I can tell you that I will be setting up an appointment over the next couple of days to see how they stand up.

JUST a consumer's Tip.

robert

#5 Post by robert »

robert wrote:Check the warranties and the companies standing with the BBB find out who will stand behind the project.

IMO I have found that very few companies will actually warranty their window but if you can find a company that does you have a gold mine on your hands.

Look for a seemless comapny with no middle man I can not comment on what company does what but in doing research so far for an upcoming project I know that I am looking for a company with one point of contact that does all. As far as price I am personally willing to pay more for the peace of mind knowing that I am getting a great installation, quality product, and a company that has more to offer than just some fancy name.

What I have found that in the industry today it appears that Energy Star rated products are the norm but how long will that product maintain its initial integrity is a completely different story. So how do we the consumer protect ourselves? Well I can say I have become over educated in the PERFORMACE ratings of windows this is a rating produce by AAMA and supported by the NFRC both third party non biased organizations that test windows. My best guess and granted I am no expert is going with what those agencies say about the different companies is that if you gamble with Certinteed you are throwing your money away. I have no comment on Evans as I have not seen or researched their product but I can tell you that I will be setting up an appointment over the next couple of days to see how they stand up.

JUST a consumer's Tip.
follow up for those that live in the Northwest I am sold Evans is the best Company hands down, Reputation, product, showmanship, installation, I am a 100% pre satistfied and looking forward to my windows 11 for 15000.

Quality, Value and Comfort. Can't wait to see what they look like!!!

Door&WindowPlus

Re: Evans Eurocraft vs Certainteed

#6 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

Certainteed Somerton II and Certainteed BrynMawr II are good vinyl windows. Ask for the glass to come double strength(1/8") instead of single strength. No difference in price.