Simonton Prism Platinum versus Generations and Simonton 9800

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
smw1942

Simonton Prism Platinum versus Generations and Simonton 9800

#1 Post by smw1942 »

What are the better windows - Prism Platinum or Generations? I have bids from competing vendor-installers, each of whom claims that their product is the best in the Simonton retrofit window line. I have 31 windows which range from large picture windows (60/72) to double hung windows (36x72). A number have to be tempered glass because of their size, or because they surround a garden tub. I have estimates ranging from $19,000 for Reflections 5500 to $36,000 for Prism Platinum, for the entire job. I only recently became aware of the 9800 line. How does it compare to the Prism Platinum and Generations in terms of pricing and quality.

Bill

#2 Post by Bill »

The Prism Platinum and The Reflections 5500 share the same frame and sash so if the glass systems are the same the windows are equal.

The Generation sand the 9800 are basically the same. The 9800 has an individual lift handle that looks nicer than the intergral lift rail on the Generations. Again if the glass systems are equal the performance is equal.

The Impressions 9800 is considered the top of the retrofit line.

Any of these windows will serve you well.

Bill

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Bill knows Simonton better than most and that about sums it up.

The 9800 with the lift handle is an attractive window. You can go wrong with it.

The Generations is also basically the same thing and the Polar Wall offered by Norandex Reynolds.