Ideal Windows Custom Weld II

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Michael

Ideal Windows Custom Weld II

#1 Post by Michael »

Hello window People, I have been looking at the upper range windows and quite frankly with the labor it is much more then we hoped. I have been also considering the Ideal Custom Weld II which I hear now is available with a "constant force" balance system. The numbers are pretty good, both money and window performance. How long do these windows last ????? I am replacing 15 windows and there is a $2000. to $3000. difference !!!! Does the extra money buy more time or wondow looks and performance??? Can I get 20 years out of a Ideal window ???? Thank you all so much for your advice and information, This is a great site for consumers to speak with people in the window industry without any pressure, which believe me is a plus, Thanks !!!!!!

Bill

#2 Post by Bill »

Michael:

I was in a trade show this past weekend and got to take a look at a lot of windows that people ask about including the Ideal Custom Weld II; I was not impressed with it, I would consider it low end. If they switch to a constant force the only one they could fit in that main frame is a thin ½â€

Michael

Thank you Bill !!!!

#3 Post by Michael »

[quote="Bill"]Michael:

I was in a trade show this past weekend and got to take a look at a lot of windows that people ask about including the Ideal Custom Weld II; I was not impressed with it, I would consider it low end. If they switch to a constant force the only one they could fit in that main frame is a thin ½â€

Michael

Thank you Bill !!!!

#4 Post by Michael »

Thanks, I was actually also considering the Bryn Mawr II, the difference between the loaded up Ideal and Certainteed installed is about $1500, the installer for the Bryn Mawr is factory certified whom I got off the Certainteed web site, again Thank you !! :D !!!

Patrick

Ideal Custom Weld

#5 Post by Patrick »

I went to a local showroom ( Long Island, NY) of an installer who only uses Ideal. The windows are inexpensive to buy and I ( no window expert) wasn't impressed with the quality of the window are far as structure goes. The energy ratings were fine but the window just felt and operated on the cheap side. My mother bought Xact windows, which while no high end product by any means, operated smoother than these and had nicer cam locks to boot.

I myself have decided to purchase 9 double hung triple pane, double low e, double argon with warm edge spacer and Grids from a company on LI called Tristate Window Factory. The U rating was fantastic and as importantly the window itself was just much stronger and heavier than the Ideal window. I also got a very fair quote on Schuco windows which were just fantastic and seem to be the creme de la creme of vinyl replacement windows. Alas, I did not have the money for the extra cost $675 a window vs $550 a window so I went with what I feel is a solid second choice. It's probably just a passing fad but I may even take a trip out the factory to see the windows being made if I have the time.

The Ideal top of the line model was only $330 a window but I just did not feel comfortable replacing old vinyl windows with something that looked and felt not much better. That 330 a window installed was a showroom quote. I'm unsure if a rep had come to my house if the price would have risen for any reason. Any of the experts care to weigh in on this one?

bobh

#6 Post by bobh »

I'm no expert but a homeowner having Schuco installed in two weeks. I did quite a bit of research and recommend going for the extra money and buying the Schucos. I think you will do much better.