Insul-Sash replacement part

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
KevinO

Insul-Sash replacement part

#1 Post by KevinO »

Wondering if a contact phone number might be available Insul-Sash parts if still available. I have a double-hung vinyl window, installed by previous owner, where the 2 plastic side-release latches or catches that allow you to tip in the bottom sash are broken. Otherwise the window is fine, except for the time it was open, popped free and wacked me in the head while feeding the dog. Don't worry, the dog was not injured. Thanks.

HipKat

#2 Post by HipKat »

Contact FJB Associates in Weathersby, CT.
They have a web site you can find if you google FJB Associates. That's the main office and they handle all service calls.

KevinO

#3 Post by KevinO »

Thanks HipKat. It appears I'm out of luck. I called FJB at 860-529-6350 and they said because of the windows age (10+years) they don't have parts and to call Shulco at 860-666-0505. I understand from this site that Shulco bought out the Insul-sash factory. Note the FJB website name: http://www.insulsash.com/index.html - Shulco said they don't have Insul-Sash parts since Insul-sash has gone out of business. They said to try some local window company for parts. I'll probably just try and fabricate something to make the window more usable. Would have been nice to find a real part. Great info on this site, very helpful in gaining some understanding of windows + the business.

handyman19619

#4 Post by handyman19619 »

truth hardware chicago IL.
fox hardware columbus ohio
Fox usually can come up with parts if you trace it on paper send it to them or send them a picture.
Also I believe the part you want is a tilt latch.
Glad the dog is OK
good luck

KevinO

#5 Post by KevinO »

Thanks, that's the info I needed. Truth Hardware site sent me to Blaine Window Hardware that has ~60 tilt latches online.

febreze

Re: Insul-Sash replacement part

#6 Post by febreze »

If anybody needs parts for insul sash windows can get them from Blain window. Call for there catalog. tel. 1 800 678 1919.

Windows on Washington

Re: Insul-Sash replacement part

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

febreze wrote:If anybody needs parts for insul sash windows can get them from Blain window. Call for there catalog. tel. 1 800 678 1919.

Blaine rocks.

They are good folks.

http://www.blainewindow.com/index.php