Accuweld vinyl windows - Anyone else had problems?

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
apphappy

#1 Post by apphappy »

I am having some serious problems with some Accuweld windows I just had installed. They are vinyl and the bottom sashes are bowed up on the outside edges. It is the Epoch 2300 series which they have touted as being a great window. DON'T BELIEVE THEM ! Some are so bad they won't lock. I need to know if anyone else has had problems with this company please!

Windows on Washington

Re: Accuweld vinyl windows - Anyone else had problems?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I have not used them personally but I have heard horror stories. Good luck and get Accuweld involved.

apphappy

#3 Post by apphappy »

Thanks. I have already had the Accu-weld representative there to look at the winidows. He had all kinds of excuses. "We have a new system, we're still working the bugs out. There are alot of hispanics working in the plant. And, someone must have left the spacers out, we have had that problem before". I also overheard him talking to the salesman on the phone saying "Yea, it's the same problem we had on that other job", which screams to me that it isn't an isolated incident at all. He actually told me that they would replace the warped bottom sashs, but not to worry about the other sashes not having the spacers because the window "won't warp anymore now". I have been doing some investigating on my own on the web, and from what I see, the windows definitely are compromised if they do not have those spacers, quite contrary to what he wanted me to believe. From what I can tell they are quite important to not letting the sash's move with the heat and cold and as a result insuring the sash's seal doesn't break and let the argon gas leak out. So much for Accu-weld.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

Accu-Weld has been having the same QC problems for years. We had to part ways several years ago do to this very same problem. I had given up on consistant tolerances and the ability to properly place glazing shims/blocks in their sashes correctly. They should take the interlocks completely off of their windows and triple up on the weatherstripping. All of their interlocks seem to sag into the view of the bottom sash in the middle. Most of the time they don't even interlock, they just ride over each other which is the main reason many homeowners can't get their windows locked at all!

Accu-Weld is also utilizing Sashlite in some of their windows. They do their own Intercept glazing in house as well. Yikes!!!!!

debbie26

#5 Post by debbie26 »

HI, Just read you post. How are you making out with your problems. I have many many many problems with their windows and the installers.

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#6 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

We dealt with them for a grand total of five orders and fortunately for us they put their worst foot forward and we didn't proceed with anymore. Their price was great and we should have known you get what you pay for. I have never been to their factory, however Mut & Jeff and Moe & Curly come to mind as their typical laborers. QC, is just part time with them.

Dennis7Cook

#7 Post by Dennis7Cook »

I'm having a problem with mold between the glass panes on some of my Platinum 2500 series. Seems to be due to improper cleaning of the glass before assembly as in one window the pattern is obviously a sticky-tape left-over. It took a while for the mold to develop.

UPDATE ---- It wasn't mold. According to the guy that came to replace the glass it's separation of the low-E coating on the inside of the outer glass pane.

ben007

#8 Post by ben007 »

I had Accuweld windows installed about 5 years ago and they have held up well. My energy bills are lower now too. I think the person who installs is important because the windows are decent quality. The price is good also.