Upstate New York

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ajx331

Upstate New York

#1 Post by ajx331 »

Hi,
I live in upstate New York and am looking to replace 12 windows. I've spoken to a rep from Comfort windows(Power Gold 1) who quoted me a price of 7000 installed. (Replacing old Andersen windows screen size, 46 1/2 x 31 1/2.)
Have a rep coming from Mastic TruLok. I see info on Mastic siding but not on windows. Does anyone know anything about either of them?
Thank you.

Dan

#2 Post by Dan »

Mastic is a brand name owned by Alcoa. Mastic used to be an independent manufacturer of Siding and back in the late 1980's or early 1990's they purchase a company that extruded vinyl window profiles called Dayton Technologies (Now called Deceuninck NA). Mastic had Dayton form a group of manufacturers called the Mastic Group. Alcoa ended up purchasing Mastic and in the deal also got Dayton Technologies. When Alcoa sold off Dayton Technologies there was an agreement that the Mastic manufacturers could continue using the Mastic name as long as we continued being Alcoa customers.

In the end of 2003 the remaining members of the Mastic Group merged with other manufacturers to for what is call the Earthwise Vinyl Window Group. There are currently three members who are still marketing their windows using the Mastic name.

The two companies in New England have been a vital part of our group since we began using the Mastic name. They are independent manufacturers who service their areas very well and produce a quality product.