Schuco Window

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
mr pibb

Schuco Window

#1 Post by mr pibb »

I was quoted $1,058.00 for one Schuco Window installed. It is to replace the window a tree came through during a hurricane. It is a vertical slider, vinyl frame, triple glaze, argon filled, low E2, suprema +, 36" x 49" double hung. Is this too much money? Does anyone know what the cost of that window should be.....

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

Very pricey for 1... but understandable considering a crew has to be sent out for the project just as if they were traveling both ways for 10.

roofingun

Schuco window

#3 Post by roofingun »

Mr pibb if you have to spend over a $1000.00 a window that is to much.

windowrep

#4 Post by windowrep »

most companies won't even do a job if it is just 1 window. take it and run. did anyone notice that gas is over $3 a gallon. it will cost them $30 in gas to do your job. cmon this is getting riduculous.$3 a gallon for gas, $3 for a cup of coffee but people are still putting in the cheapest windows that they can find, into the biggest investment they own. now for the 100th and iam sure not the final time i will say this again. cheap is never quality and quality is never cheap. if you choose to pay less you are taking a risk that the product you are buying will not perform nor last as long as you would like it to. a little extra money now will save you a lot of headaches later. the laws of business do not allow a consumer to get more than he\she is paying for. NEVER WILL YOU GET MORE THAN YOU ARE PAYING FOR. NO MATTER WHAT YOU ARE BUYING. if you buy a window without installation for $100 there is no more than $60 in material engineering shipping ect... in that window. it will not perform nor last as long as a window with $300 of materials and engineering. now who does not understand this?

HipKat

#5 Post by HipKat »

Hell, I understand it....

But I'd stillnever pay over a thousand bucks for a window...... :P

windowrep

#6 Post by windowrep »

hipkat, me neither. negotiate with the rep i am sure he will come down some. not many companies are even going to mess with one window though.