INLINE FIBERGLASS

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

INLINE FIBERGLASS

#1 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

Anyone not familiar with the company will enjoy speaking to the owner George Casselman (I hope that's spelled correctly) as he is quite learned about this industry. Recently I spoke with him about the things I didn't like about the current fiberglass products. Cosmetics and test numbers are my gripe. Inlines business is primarily the Eastern Seacost. They build a commercial window with a design pressure of 85 and their residential double hung is a DP55. Something interesting he pointed out to me was the advent of new fiberglass with thinner frames and 10x the strength of current fiberglass. I'm aware of Milgard having the same thing on the drawing board. Money, the cost of dies etc is the holdup.
I came upon an Amish colony tucked away in the woods locally who produce 5000 windows a year (a big surprise as I wasn't aware they existed) what I found was a first class little factory producing an all mechanical vinyl window with great attention to detail and get this to secure a major job in Minnesota they had to have their window tested by a AAMA certified testing facility and the air test was .01..........move over Softlite and a u of .29. Not to shabby. Will my interest in them was producing fiberglass windows for us and were making a trip to Inline to check out using their poltrusion. Most Amish can't drive or fly, so we'll be the chauffer. The same group of Amish did make their own glass with super spacer and sold the equipment to another Amish sect about a hundred miles away so there quite prepared to make another step. A proprietory poltrusion is our goal. Money, I'm willing to dump all investments and the 401k's and take a shot. Maybe there are others here who might want to take a look at what can be done. Fiberglass is going to be the new lumber in this business and if they bring the cost down which is very possible with new technologies this company should be looked at.