Champion Window Replacements

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
sloamq

Champion Window Replacements

#1 Post by sloamq »

Has anyone used Champion Windows Replacements and are willing to share their thoughts/experience with me? I am in the Chicago area looking at some replacement windows -- not sure who to use.

clear choice usa of dc

#2 Post by clear choice usa of dc »

if you are looking to pay 700 dollars a window that shoul cost on average 300

chevyman

#3 Post by chevyman »

Nothing personal but that site is not very informative looks like a window world type site 189 dollar window installed?

and the warranty is not even talked about?

I always say you get what you pay for on some things. :roll:

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

It is breakfast time but I was not in the mood for SPAM.

Read the rules before you post again.

bindera

#5 Post by bindera »

champion is overpriced....can't get woodgrains...pushes the foam in their frame when it doesn't lower the u-value at all and they subcontract their work out even though they tell you they have "factory trained" installers. THey also say "we are the factory" when in reality they buy their siding and everything else besides windows from other manufacturers. for a an unbiased opinion check out the www.bbb.org and look up champion. The amount of complaints should speak for itself

Skydawggy

#6 Post by Skydawggy »

clear choice usa of dc wrote:if you are looking to pay 700 dollars a window that shoul cost on average 300 check out [shameless promo deleted] to find our dealer in your area
You would do well to read the forum rules before posting.

What window do you carry for $300.00 that is sold by others for $700.00.? Or do you really mean you sell a window that is only worth $300.00 for $300.00?

Please clarify!!

clear choice usa of dc

#7 Post by clear choice usa of dc »

my fault on the post in my area we sell 5 brands of windows most average 3 to 4 hundred a window

Skydawggy

#8 Post by Skydawggy »

clear choice usa of dc wrote:my fault on the post in my area we sell 5 brands of windows most average 3 to 4 hundred a window
What 5 brands and model #'s are they? What features are included for the $400. window?

clear choice usa of dc

#9 Post by clear choice usa of dc »

on the low end we sell a lines of dove and silverline going up we sell atrium 8300,8500,8700 window. a local window vytex we sell viwinco edgemont and the integra windows

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#10 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

sloamq, Champion's window looks nice and has a decent u of .29. Not many white double hungs with just a thermo pane and low-e and argon get that low. I like the window. OK that's the good news. Their marketing is unique in that they always have a sale on from 25%-50% off and yet the net price to the customer doesn't change much. It's like a lot of furniture stores (I used to work at one) We'd have a big blowout sale advertising 75% off and just prior to having the sale we'd run through the store and change the price stickers and usually end up with the same net profit. So much for truth in advertising. Even on sale they will never be very competitive, usually around $550.00 for an average white double hung with no extra's. Their quality control over the install is their biggest fault using subs who do and don't do a good job. I've worked next door to a number of their installations and both admired their work and couldn't believe how bad it was. When your spending that much $$$$ and don't know if your going to get a good job that should take them out of contention for your business.