Author: sfsilicon (---.net.americas.agilent.com)
Looking into doing a vinyl replacement windows and narrowed the selecting down to 2 companies. One seems to have a good record and professional. The other seems to be technically knowledgable and have a c17 license. Both are offering different types of windows and pricing is close.
- Milgard Style line
- professional + good pricing
- gave estimate, but need provisional contract to do an in house inspection
- provides references + reference installations
- bbb member, satisfactory bbb report
- 3 complaints. 2 were closed as Assumed Resolved. 1 was closed as Administratively Judged Resolved. Of these complaints: 2 were concerning Selling Practices. 1 was concerning Service Issues.
- class b license, workers comp and insurance, contractors bond
- in business since 1999
- reference installs ok (drive by), but one reference house looked like the screens had warped.
- technically knowledgable focus on good quality work
- class b, c10 and c17 licneses
- initial low pricing and free in house assesment, significatly raised estimate after (now higher than A). Willing to do an exact estimate with Engineer after contract (3 days cancelation).
- in business since 1994
- Workers comp expired 8/29/04, warning license will be suspended if not renewed by 9/30/04.
- Sales person registration is expired. Can contract since 5/31/03
- not bbb member with unsatisfactory record
- has had 4 complaints. 2 were closed as Assumed Resolved. 1 was closed as Resolution Delayed. 1 was closed as No Response. Of these complaints: 1 was concerning Service Issues. 1 was concerning Delivery Issues. 1 was concerning Contract Disputes. 1 was concerning Repair Issues.
- good reference installations (drive by, clean work).