DP50 Sash Kits?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
LocalHero

DP50 Sash Kits?

#1 Post by LocalHero »

Does anyone know of a manufacturer making Sash kits that are DP50 rated? I'm replacing windows in a mid 70's brick ranch and I'd like to not downsize the glass area. The original frames are in great shape. I've installed sash kits on jobs many years ago but code now calls for DP50 rating in my area.

Thanks,
John

Windows on Washington

Re: DP50 Sash Kits?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Do the windows have storms on them? If so, the net visual, even with a proper replacement window, will be that the window feels larger.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Good advice above. I've been less than impressed with the few sash kits that I've worked with, I'm not sure that they are even rated for DP given that its a kit of parts as opposed to a functioning finished product. Even if they are, I can't imagine that they would rate highly.

I'd again reinforce WoW's recommendation, look for a quality, slim-lined replacement window. Like he said, if you have existing storms, that negates the glass loss and may even net you more viewing area. You could consider full frames tearouts as well, but that definitely ups the price significantly.

fridge2020

#4 Post by fridge2020 »

Sash kits are the worst idea ever. Give your money to a charity instead, at least it will be doing good and you get a tax break