To anyone who has Anlin windows or installs Anlin windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
cristine

To anyone who has Anlin windows or installs Anlin windows

#1 Post by cristine »

If you have them, are you happy with them? How long have you had them? Who installed them?

If you install them, do you think they are a quality window? I'm in Southern California, is there another brand you would recommend over Anlin? Is so, which brand and why?

I've gotten four quotes, two are for Anlin Windows. One from Elite Exterior and the other from American Vision Windows. Anyone use either of these companies? Opinions? We are suppose to sign by the end of the month to get our quote (I know, pressure tactic).

Thanks!!!!

alfawolf

#2 Post by alfawolf »

We just got a quote from Yuri at AVW. We are deciding between Anlin and Milgard. I posted a thread about this but I'm not getting any info either.

cristine

#3 Post by cristine »

Thanks for the reply alfawolf. I saw your post as well and have been waiting to see if it was answered. We have decided to go with the Anlin windows. Our other choice was Certainteed. The Anlin looks to be a better made window based on the research I've done and reviews I've read. We did not get a quote on Milgard. I may do a little research on Milgard before I sign today. This is somewhat of an overwhelming process. So many brands and each says they are the best.
Cris

alfawolf

#4 Post by alfawolf »

I know exactly how you feel! My husband and I have been looking around and I've been trying to do alot of research. I haven't seen many reviews on Anlin, do you have sources you can share? :) They do look well-made, and he brought out samples of both Anlin and Milgard so I could compare. I don't think you'd go wrong with either one, but his quote for Anlin was cheaper than the other quote I got for Milgard, and I feel maybe the Anlin is better. I guess we'll see!

alfawolf

#5 Post by alfawolf »

Cris, did you choose? We signed for the Anlins from AVW. We're just doing the upper story for now. Maybe we'll do the downstairs (finished basement) windows later.

alfawolf

#6 Post by alfawolf »

Cris, I don't know if you're still reading here, but I just wanted to say that we did go with AVW and the Anlin windows. We are very happy with them. They are great windows, the installation team was excellent, and everything works and looks great. :) We can already tell a big difference in the heat, or decrease in it, I should say. I just thought I'd let you know in case you are still deciding.