Fenex, Window4U, Guy, WindDoze

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Kimmer

Fenex, Window4U, Guy, WindDoze

#1 Post by Kimmer »

All of you are located in the Midwest so I was hoping you could give me advice on costs in the area. Is it too much to pay around $1,100 a hole for a Schuco slider; Triple pane with Krypton and around 110 ui. Assume that your installation is pretty standard, white all around and its not a full frame replacement.

What is a reasonable range? I'm torn. I love the window and know company's are only around if they make money. I'm not looking to get the lowest deal possible, just a fair price.

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

If you are referring to an In-line Slider, we would probably be around $800-900 for that unit... depending on variables.

Kimmer

#3 Post by Kimmer »

Yeah, I'm talking about the Schuco in-line slider. Thanks for the reply. I, like everyone else, appreciate your honest feedback.

WindDoze

#4 Post by WindDoze »

The Schuco inline slider is:
1.) more expensive than a traditional sliding window, but much better built than anything else on the market.
2.) more difficult to install, so the labor to the crew is more expensive.

Schuco recently raised their prices to their dealers 8%, they also have a fuel surcharge. This fact coupled with increases in a company's own fuel costs have forced most dealers I know to raise their prices. I hate to quote prices without seeing a job firsthand, but based on what you have said $1100 an opening isn't impossible -- for an in line slider.

Twist your reps arm! Depending on the number of windows you have, you might be able to get him under $1000 per opening. IMHO

Guy

#5 Post by Guy »

I agree with Fen & Windoze, you have the best in-line slider on the market, which brings a higher price tag along with it. The installation of this window, as Windoze stated above, is much more labor intense than almost any other window on the market. It's not the job you'll see the new guys on in any way. You'll more than likely see the better installers when it comes to these windows. When you get the best installation team installing your windows, it's well worth the extra money spent. You should be able to get them under the 1K per opening if they want your business!

lepa71

Re: Fenex, Window4U, Guy, WindDoze

#6 Post by lepa71 »

Do any of Guy and/or WindDoze can send me a pm on how I can get in contact with either of you for quote?

Thanks

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

Fyi, there is no PM function on this board. I'm somewhat of a noob, but I have not seen Windoze post at all in the past year... Guy is very highly regarded, but I haven't seen him post for a minute either... I'm not sure how you could contact him. Are you located in MN?

lepa71

#8 Post by lepa71 »

Yes, I'm

Guy

#9 Post by Guy »

Feel free to contact me anytime. guy@installationmastersinc.com