Heat Mirror Glass?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Henry5

Heat Mirror Glass?

#1 Post by Henry5 »

A company called Install America is pushing Heat Mirror. They claim it can reduce outside noise as much as 85% and block out sound better then double pane windows.
Also they say it blocks 99.5% of damaging ultraviolet rays and provides superior resistance to condensation and moisture build-up even in below freezing temperatures when other windows begin to sweat, windows containing heat mirror will resist condensation.
What are the advantages and disadvantages to Heat Mirror?

Windows on Washington

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

do a search on heat mirror and you will learn everything you need to know.

Their noise reduction claim of 85% is probably BS but it technically should block out more sound than a double pane window alone would do.

Henry5

#3 Post by Henry5 »

I tried searching but the search function doesn't work past the first page for me. :(

gardenpartyfish

Re: Heat Mirror Glass?

#4 Post by gardenpartyfish »

Henry5 wrote:A company called Install America is pushing Heat Mirror. They claim it can reduce outside noise as much as 85% and block out sound better then double pane windows.
Also they say it blocks 99.5% of damaging ultraviolet rays and provides superior resistance to condensation and moisture build-up even in below freezing temperatures when other windows begin to sweat, windows containing heat mirror will resist condensation.
What are the advantages and disadvantages to Heat Mirror?

Gorell and Harvey Windows are the two leaders in sound reduction windows for the Non-Architectural Market.
For real sound Proofing windows beyond what ANY dual-pane window can do.
http://www.soundproofwindows.com/technical.html
Last edited by gardenpartyfish on Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

buddy110

#5 Post by buddy110 »

If sound reduction is the most important thing you should use a laminated glass.

Heat mirror is my favorite window glazing. It will block 99.5% UV but then so will laminated glass. I sold HM for years and I have yet to have one seal failure. I can't say that of any other glazing I have used.

Check out Southwall technologies. They are the licensers for HM