Which is my best quote (Softlite, Survivor & Silverline)

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
RDR69

Which is my best quote (Softlite, Survivor & Silverline)

#1 Post by RDR69 »

Which is the best window for the money in the following quotes?

Please help. I have been given quotes on these windows and here is what I have been given. Any suggestions on what I should go with?
All the quotes include install, dump fee, full / new wrap and tax.

17 Double Hung Windows - Dual Pane, LoE, Argon

Soft-Lite
Barrington - $7000.00
Imperial LS - $7750.00

Survivor
7100 foam filled - $5680.00 (edit- I got the 5 & 6 mixed on the first post 5680.00 is the correct number)
Silverline
8500 - 5950.00

I thank you very much in advance for your advise.
Last edited by RDR69 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Windows on Washington

Re: Which is my best quote (Softlite, Survivor & Silverl

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

RDR69 wrote:Which is the best window for the money in the following quotes?

Please help. I have been given quotes on these windows and here is what I have been given. Any suggestions on what I should go with?

Soft-Lite
Barrington - $7000.00
Imperial LS - $7750.00

Survivor
7100 foam filled - $6580.00

Silverline
8500 - 6950.00

Wow...this is an easy one. There is no question that the two Soft-Lite products are far superior to the other two listed options.

The delta between the Barrington and Imperial is really negligible too. For that small a difference...I would opt for the Imperial 10 out of 10 times.

RDR69

#3 Post by RDR69 »

Wow...this is an easy one. There is no question that the two Soft-Lite products are far superior to the other two listed options.

The delta between the Barrington and Imperial is really negligible too. For that small a difference...I would opt for the Imperial 10 out of 10 times.
Wind on Wash-
Thanks for the input. Please see my edit if you would. When I would putting my numbers in from momory during original post, I was off by 1K on the Silver Line and transposed the first numbers on the Survivor. I assume you would still like the Imperial but we are on a limited budget. Are the Imperials really worth the 2K extra?

Thanks

gardenpartyfish

Re: Which is my best quote (Softlite, Survivor & Silverl

#4 Post by gardenpartyfish »

RDR69 wrote:Which is the best window for the money in the following quotes?

Soft-Lite
Barrington - $7000.00
Imperial LS - $7750.00

Survivor
7100 foam filled - $5680.00 (edit- I got the 5 & 6 mixed on the first post 5680.00 is the correct number)
Silverline
8500 - 5950.00

If you're keeping the house over 5-7 years opt for the LS, otherwise the Survivor 7100 aren't a bad deal but 5-10 years is pretty much their useful life.

RDR69

#5 Post by RDR69 »

If you're keeping the house over 5-7 years opt for the LS, otherwise the Survivor 7100 aren't a bad deal but 5-10 years is pretty much their useful life.
We are planning on keeping this house for many years. Is the LS still the right choice? You mentioned 5-7 years for LS but then say 5-10 for the survivor. I assume you like the LS better. What is the LS's " lifespan?

Thanks,

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

The LS will have the best life span and is the most technologically advanced of the windows that you listed.

The lifespan on the LS could be ad infinitum for that matter. It is a well built piece with heavy duty extrusions and good material/components throughout.

RDR69

#7 Post by RDR69 »

The LS will have the best life span and is the most technologically advanced of the windows that you listed.

The lifespan on the LS could be ad infinitum for that matter. It is a well built piece with heavy duty extrusions and good material/components throughout.
Final update and bids please let me know which I should go with:
17 Double Hung Windows
(installed, wrapped, tax, disposal the whole 9 yards)
Soft Lite Barrington w/Intercpt Spacer - 5700.00 (they came down from 7000)
Soft Lite Imperial LS DH-11 w/Super Spacers - 7000.00(they came down from 7750)

Our budget was 5500-6000 so the Barrington is within the budget numbers. I just need to know if the LS DH-11 is worth the extra 1000.00. They are also offering us a 12 months same as cash deal, so this would help defray the extra money.

HELP!! oh and Thanks...

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

Great numbers.

I would opt for the Imperial LS all the way. Better spacer package, great air infiltration numbers and sturdy product.