Information about the ClearChoice Vista Elite Series Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
wessonc

Information about the ClearChoice Vista Elite Series Windows

#1 Post by wessonc »

Have had about 7 different companies provide me quotes for my requirement of 14 double hung windows and 2 sliders.

One company, ClearChoice USA of KC, has provided me a quote of approximately $4800.

I am curious to know if anyone has any information on ClearChoice USA of KC and specifically about the Vista Elite Series vinyl replacement winodw w/Low E/Argon they sell? I found the information about the window on line; however, nothing else.

Please Help..... :shock:

jsmomo

#2 Post by jsmomo »

how do you feel about your sales rep. and how do you feel about the product that he or she brought out to your home. i had the pleasure of installing those windows last week i thought from a installation stand point it was a very well made product. very ridged frame good looking welds . that is just my opinion but im sure somebody will have something bad to say about the clearchoice network .

gardenpartyfish

Re: Information about the ClearChoice Vista Elite Series Win

#3 Post by gardenpartyfish »

wessonc wrote:Have had about 7 different companies provide me quotes for my requirement of 14 double hung windows and 2 sliders.

One company, ClearChoice USA of KC, has provided me a quote of approximately $4800.

I am curious to know if anyone has any information on ClearChoice USA of KC and specifically about the Vista Elite Series vinyl replacement winodw w/Low E/Argon they sell? I found the information about the window on line; however, nothing else.

Please Help..... :shock:
I was under the impression that CC USA affiliates used exclusively Silverline Windows. Maybe it is a Silverline but it's re-branded. I'd ask your salesperson.

Edit: Hmmm....looks like a product other than a Silverline.
http://www.vistawindowco.com/pdh.php

wessonc

#4 Post by wessonc »

jsmomo wrote:how do you feel about your sales rep. and how do you feel about the product that he or she brought out to your home. i had the pleasure of installing those windows last week i thought from a installation stand point it was a very well made product. very ridged frame good looking welds . that is just my opinion but im sure somebody will have something bad to say about the clearchoice network .
The gentleman was no non-sense w/ a botton line up front approach. Showed me two seperate products and told me what he could do for me. I appreciated the fact that he didn't try to press a close right then and there and repsected my time (unlike 90-120 minute of some).

My concern is with the product and the fact that I can find very little about the company in my town.... except what there willing to provide. I would like a little second no connected source confirmation. Failing that, just a few opinions about the windows...

Thank you for you reply.... anything else would be appreciated.

wessonc

Re: Information about the ClearChoice Vista Elite Series Win

#5 Post by wessonc »

gardenpartyfish wrote: [I was under the impression that CC USA affiliates used exclusively Silverline Windows. Maybe it is a Silverline but it's re-branded. I'd ask your salesperson.

Edit: Hmmm....looks like a product other than a Silverline.
http://www.vistawindowco.com/pdh.php
Thank you for your reply..... I assume you know a little about windows so I'll ask the question. Based of the stats on the website what did you think? Again my challenge is that I don't know what I don't know.

Thanks up front for you opinion and reply

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#6 Post by Window4U (IL) »

If you buy a window at $300 installed, have an expectation of that window's longevity and performance based on what you just paid and don't be mad at the company you bought it from down the road when the window does not perform as it once did and starts having issues.(unless they oversold it) They are just satisfying a need for the very low-end cheap window market.

I've got a vinyl window series available to me from one of my manufacturers for $79.99 in any size up to 101ui and that includes low-e / argon and a screen. I could sell that window installed very cheap and probably make better money than I do now, ...but I don't, because I know that a few years down the line it will be a leaky troublesome window, and I feel a responsibility to my customers to put quality windows into their homes. They already have have leaky troublesome windows. If that's what they wanted ...they could just keep what they have.

There is a place for low-end windows in the market, but be well informed of what you are buying when putting them into your home.

jsmomo

#7 Post by jsmomo »

i think you should contact vista they can answer any questions you have about their company. i think if you were offered a silverline window i would have agree with window4u's post . i do know theclear choice signature series is the panorama series of vista's with a super spacer up grade.

wessonc

#8 Post by wessonc »

jsmomo wrote:i think you should contact vista they can answer any questions you have about their company. i think if you were offered a silverline window i would have agree with window4u's post . i do know theclear choice signature series is the panorama series of vista's with a super spacer up grade.
Thanks for you comments. I would really like to hear from someone who had them placed in there home without being a direct referral from the contractor. Additionally, I'm sure the company feels that their windows are great as I know I would.... would just like to hear a few opinions from the board concerning what they know... if anything.

wessonc

#9 Post by wessonc »

Window4U (IL) wrote:If you buy a window at $300 installed, have an expectation of that window's longevity and performance based on what you just paid and don't be mad at the company you bought it from down the road when the window does not perform as it once did and starts having issues.(unless they oversold it) They are just satisfying a need for the very low-end cheap window market.

I've got a vinyl window series available to me from one of my manufacturers for $79.99 in any size up to 101ui and that includes low-e / argon and a screen. I could sell that window installed very cheap and probably make better money than I do now, ...but I don't, because I know that a few years down the line it will be a leaky troublesome window, and I feel a responsibility to my customers to put quality windows into their homes. They already have have leaky troublesome windows. If that's what they wanted ...they could just keep what they have.

There is a place for low-end windows in the market, but be well informed of what you are buying when putting them into your home.
Thank you for your comments..... Could you tell me if you have heard anything about Heartland window? Cost for same number/type windows (14 double hung & 2 sliders )was $6800..... that would come out to about $425 per.... thoughts?