Schuco Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Henry5

Schuco Windows

#1 Post by Henry5 »

I heard that Schuco is coming back. Is there any truth to this????

Windows on Washington

Re: Schuco Windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

If you can hold off for a few weeks the answer should be out in the open.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

It's ok WoW, it's alright to say it now that the press release came out.
Yes, you are correct. Schuco has new owners. The deal has been completed. The window will continue to be made as a Schuco window with the same spacer, parts and pieces.

Great news and I'm really stoked to be selling Schuco again.

memphisTN

#4 Post by memphisTN »

Just emailed them about widows and her is my reply:

"We here at Schuco are no longer accepting orders for vinyl windows. We have exited the vinyl widow business to concentrate on our solar and aluminum curtain wall business. Thank you.

Carole Vancedarfield
Customer Service - Vinyl
Schuco USA
240 Pane Road
Newington
CT 06111

Window4U (IL)

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Didn't you read the last post I wrote above? The operations have been bought by senior management and the plant is up and running under the new owners, 'Force V Environmental'.

memphisTN

#6 Post by memphisTN »

Yes but did you see the "time" that I posted? I posted here first vs. there :)

windowsnj

#7 Post by windowsnj »

i am suprised to read that some dealers are excited about selling schuco or whatever they will call it now, as they left most dealers screwed when they went out recently. fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

eros121675

#8 Post by eros121675 »

WOW as a consumer who had been burnt by Schuco, but was lucky enough to have a dealer stand behind his product, I cant believe anyone would be happy to do business with Schuco again after what has happened. They turned there back on there dealers and there customers. Shady corporate america to say the least.

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

I think that you will have to give the new company the benefit of the doubt. This is an entirely new entity that is going to be similar to an owner-operator driven model. I wouldn't be surprised if they made every effort to right the previous wrongs.

eros121675

#10 Post by eros121675 »

Thats easier said then done. Schuco in my opinion will have an uphill battle gaining the trust of customers as well as the dealers support. Dont get me wrong I bought these windows on the reputation that they were the best and they have done everything possible to destroy that reputation. When all of this was going on they wouldnt even return my phone calls. Unfortunately, they have burned this bridge and I would never recommend the Schuco brand to anyone.

Skydawggy

#11 Post by Skydawggy »

Windows on Washington wrote:I think that you will have to give the new company the benefit of the doubt. This is an entirely new entity that is going to be similar to an owner-operator driven model. I wouldn't be surprised if they made every effort to right the previous wrongs.
Are you going to be selling Schuco Windows?

Window4U (IL)

#12 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Don't assume that every dealer has outstanding issues and unhappy customers. I've talked to many who don't, including myself. I have had very much success with Schuco and have no regrets selling them at all.

Though window problems are not always installation related and defects can happen no matter the brand, most are installation related. All dealers think they installed them correctly, so there the problems begin to get the windows fixed. And once they have been installed improperly it is very hard for a factory to just send parts to a dealer and have the windows miraculously be fixed. You can order new parts until you are blue in the face but if the installation of the window is off as far as shimming, squareness or certain tweeks we have to do, you are not going to get anywhere. Having installers who are taught proper installation theory and who are taught to go over every square inch of each window, properly diagnose problems and fix most issues on the spot is key to success. A lot of installers won't put in the extra several minutes time per window to do this because they are trying to get the job done faster as they are paid by the window.

As far as me, I am glad to have the Schuco window products available now from Force V and will continue to sell them enthusiastically.

Windows on Washington

#13 Post by Windows on Washington »

Skydawggy wrote:
Windows on Washington wrote:I think that you will have to give the new company the benefit of the doubt. This is an entirely new entity that is going to be similar to an owner-operator driven model. I wouldn't be surprised if they made every effort to right the previous wrongs.
Are you going to be selling Schuco Windows?
Not sure yet. I will have to evaluate the discussions with the new ownership as we enter them.

eros121675

#14 Post by eros121675 »

[quote="Window4U (IL)"]Don't assume that every dealer has outstanding issues and unhappy customers. I've talked to many who don't, including myself. I have had very much success with Schuco and have no regrets selling them at all.

I am not assuming, I am simply stating a customers opinion. One who had his windows installed in 06 before all of the hoopla of Schuco going public that they have sold the company, went out of business or whatever they are doing.

I also agree with you about the installation. I am not a window guy, by trade I am a HVAC Tech and I know that the quality of the product is just as important as the quality of the installation. In my situation it wasnt an installation problem, even the Schuco rep said the same.

I just dont know how Schuco as a company is going to recover from this. You look at all the message boards in the last year, and Schuco is the most popular subject from warranty issues to not able to get the product to complete the installation issues.

But once again I am very bias, I had a horrible ordeal with Schuco, dealt with some of the most unprofessional people in the world at Schuco in CT, so, it is what it is.

Skydawggy

#15 Post by Skydawggy »

eros121675 wrote:
Window4U (IL) wrote:Don't assume that every dealer has outstanding issues and unhappy customers. I've talked to many who don't, including myself. I have had very much success with Schuco and have no regrets selling them at all.

I am not assuming, I am simply stating a customers opinion. One who had his windows installed in 06 before all of the hoopla of Schuco going public that they have sold the company, went out of business or whatever they are doing.

I also agree with you about the installation. I am not a window guy, by trade I am a HVAC Tech and I know that the quality of the product is just as important as the quality of the installation. In my situation it wasnt an installation problem, even the Schuco rep said the same.

I just dont know how Schuco as a company is going to recover from this. You look at all the message boards in the last year, and Schuco is the most popular subject from warranty issues to not able to get the product to complete the installation issues.

But once again I am very bias, I had a horrible ordeal with Schuco, dealt with some of the most unprofessional people in the world at Schuco in CT, so, it is what it is.
I agree with much of what you are saying. I have read and heard enough complaints about the quality of the Schuco windows and the company's responses, to conclude that installation wasn't the only problem. Not by a long shot!! I would be very wary of the new company until they have had the opportunity to prove they aren't the same as the "Old Schuco".