Looking for a replacement window with a thin frame

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
bignick

Looking for a replacement window with a thin frame

#1 Post by bignick »

Does anybody know of a replacement window that would have a thin frame comparable to Sunrise windows? After looking at different double hung windows I am concered with the loss of glass viewing area.

Windows on Washington

Re: Looking for a replacement window with a thin frame

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Soft-Lite Bainbridge
Okna Starmark 500 or 300
Alside Excalibur

sftl-1

#3 Post by sftl-1 »

Windows on Washington wrote:Soft-Lite Bainbridge
Okna Starmark 500 or 300
Alside Excalibur

In my quest to find the perfect window, at least for me, I'm now looking into the Okna 500 series which has just recently been introduced. Can anyone familiar with the Okna line tell me how it compairs to the Okna DH 300 and the Okna Starmark DH900 series. It's my understanding that the DH 500 with the filled core option has similar performance ratings to the Starmark 900 series? Does the 500 offer a thinner frame than the 900? I have not seen the 500 yet, if anyone has, what are your thoughts on the look of the window?

PigInAPoke

#4 Post by PigInAPoke »

Excellent question! Are Sunrise windows not available in your area?

sftl-1

#5 Post by sftl-1 »

PigInAPoke wrote:Excellent question! Are Sunrise windows not available in your area?
Not sure if your ? is for me or bignick, but yes, I do have a Sunrise dealer/installer in my area and their quoted price was about $5K more than I was quoted for the Okna 300 series with foam filled frames & sashes. The Soft-lite Bainbridge windows are coming in around the same price as the Sunrise windows. For my job (39 windows - 2 picture, 3 casement, 1 half circle & 33 dh) the total installed cost including capping using the Okna 300 series with their best package is $17,145.00.

PigInAPoke

#6 Post by PigInAPoke »

Do the Soft-Lite Barringtion windows have a thin frame? What is the difference between the Soft-Lite Barringtion windows and the Soft-Lite Bainbridge windows? Which has the better looking frame?

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Yes and Yes. The Bainbridge is the more attractive window.

PigInAPoke

#8 Post by PigInAPoke »

Does the Soft-Lite Imperial LS window have a wider frame than the Soft-Lite Bainbridge or Barrington? How does it rate with regard to looks?

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

Imperial is wider and bulkier looking. Better thermal and air infiltration numbers but he aesthetics are a trade off.

PigInAPoke

#10 Post by PigInAPoke »

I was just looking at the Simonton windows website trying to determine if they manufacture a window with a thin frame. I could not tell. Does anyone know if Simonton makes a window with a thin frame? If so, which one(s) are they? Thank you!

Windows(SouthernCA)

#11 Post by Windows(SouthernCA) »

In California Simonton makes the 7300 narrow frame and 7500 wide frame. Don't know if they offer the 7300 narrow frame outside of California. It could be named something else.